I couldn't see any changes, but it seems I was wrong

Options
michellekicks
michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
So yesterday I was feeling like I was in a funk. I felt bloated and fat and just generally discouraged. My weight is the same as it has been since October and I've seen minimal changes with the tape measure. I wished I had taken some full body photos to compare along the way.

Here's my griping from yesterday: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975294-i-could-use-some-opinions

Well last night I decided to look back through old pics. I remember taking one at the beginning of October last year when I was all done with the "cardio-only" life and ready to add strength training.

Since then I have done Stronglifts 5x5 and some other random lifting. It hasn't been super consistent but I've also been eating about 2300 calories daily since then.

I posted the pic below asking if anyone could see a difference. Honestly, I can't really see it. I can't see it when I look in the mirror, but I can kind of see it in this pic.

Keep in mind I'm the exact same weight and my waist and hips and bust are down ever so minimally; in fact, I haven't seen measurement changes, really since before Christmas. Having said that, all my friends said they could see the difference.

19313071_2976.jpg

So if you're getting discouraged because you don't seem to be making progress, try taking photos. If you are at the beginning of your journey to health or starting something new - a new diet change, a new workout, new sport or whatever - take a photo now. You'll be glad you have something to keep you motivated at some point.

Replies

• Annelies11
    Annelies11 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, I can really see a change.. your shirt is mush looser around the waist and belly. Thanks for the encouragements; I'm feeling the way you felt yesterday but am only 1 month into heavy lifting. Took some pics about a week ago.
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also see a noticeable change near your armpit...lol...I don't know what else to call it. Front of your body, under your shoulder, in front of your armpit. Look at that cut!!

Great job!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I also see a noticeable change near your armpit...lol...I don't know what else to call it. Front of your body, under your shoulder, in front of your armpit. Look at that cut!!

Great job!

I know right?! It's like... a pit now :laugh: :laugh:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Wow there are definite differences all over. There are things that the tape measure wont see and things the scale wont see but the changes are all there :)

Thanks for this reminder of the importance of taking photos!
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You definitely look leaner now so despite seeing no changes on the scale or measurements I see a difference. I reckon your body fat% is lower now and you've dropped fat and gained lean mass.

Great job!
  • caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! The changes are clear to outside eyes!

I was in the exact same boat. Same weight, same measurements, same everything. Was feeling frustrated and then compared these two pictures. 2 months apart.

1b4d78fd-bdd4-4f39-ae07-e95dad2f2ccd_zps605083cd.jpg

9e5c28d5-d423-4d6d-bb36-9e730c17512d_zps212208a8.jpg

Felt much better.
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for posting. I really needed this!
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow ... Thanks for this post ... I'm very discouraged at the moment ..!!