New Lean and Green meal

Can someone give me some lean and green meal ideas i am tired of having chicken and green beans and fish and broccoli lol is it some kind of cool receipe i could try?

Replies

• yaquesita1976
    yaquesita1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey there, I am trying out the recipies from this website: www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/‎

I have done the cauliflower pizza (loved it) and today I had the Memphis-Style Dry Rub BBQ and Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
    OMG... so so so delicious. I usually do my lean and green at lunchtime so I cook my food the night before to bring into work. I actually look forward to my lean and green at lunchtime cause I want to try out the recipies!!!!

I went and got myself a George Foreman grill... best $50 I ever used. Did the chicken on it last night.. it was done in no time... The whole meal was done in less than 20 minutes and that included the measuring and all =)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Here are some things I made when I was on the plan:
    NOTE: Be sure to MEASURE everything and keep track of your fats/condiments

Lean Items
    -a nice lean steak
    -Stuffed turkey burgers (use LIte Laughing Cow cheese and 1 portion of your green in baby spinach) . I use iceberg lettuce as
    the buns (or just cut it with a knife and fork)
    -Chicken
    -Fish (salmon, mahi-mahi, tilapia, tuna)
    -Shredded pork - slow cook a pork shoulder in a crockpot all day, then shred it with a fork. Measure out your portion and add
    low carb bbq sauce (I make my own so I know what's in it). You can do the same with chicken too

Green Items
    -zucchini "noodles" - julienne a zucchini and pan fry for approx 2-3 minutes in a little butter or olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan
    cheese, garlic powder (watch your lables and condiments). These work well for a pasta replacement too.
    -Turnip fries - peel , then cut into steak fry-sized pieces, then drizzle your HF of olive oil, season and bake.
    -Cole slaw mix (take out the carrots) with apple cider vinegar as the dressing
    -Salads, of course

Combo
    -Tai Chicken "Noodles" with peanut sauce - use the zucchini noodles and your chicken. Make a peanut sauce out of natural peanut butter and
    water. Drizzle the sauce over your noodles. Yum!!
    -Cauliflower pizza (see Sandy's Kitchen for the recipe). You can use broccoli or zucchini
    instead of cauliflower too if you prefer. This one is nice because you can prep a few at once and freeze the rest for a quick
    meal. They freeze really well.
    -Lasagna - use slices of zucchini as your noodles instead of pasta and measure everything to stay in compliance.

You can get prety creative as long as you stay within the guidelines of allowable foods.
    Hope this helps!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    My favorite, simple, and delicious meal is the turkey taco salad. (for 2 servings)

Bed of greens (your choice)
    1lb lean ground turkey, browned
    After turkey is browned, add 2tbsp of water, and a half packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning (or your own personal recipe)
    Place turkey on bed of greens, top with salsa.

I always added a dollop of sour cream and cilantro. Not the best addition, but it was just so good!!!! In fact, hubby and I still love this recipe, even though we don't normally follow the plan anymore.
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    One of my favs is the stuffed turkey burger.

-Make two (small & thin) ground turkey patties.
    -Take a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese (I like the Fresco & Chipotle) sandwich the cheese between the patties.
    -Grill on the George Foreman or in a skillet.

Turkey... but quick and delish.
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    my favorites are Target Brand Turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash with sugar free spaghetti sauce
    Ground Beef and Jalapenos wrapped into lettuce wraps
    Steamed Cabbage sauteed with olive oil
    Chicken wings baked and then dipped into Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce
    Some weeks I grill up a bunch of chicken thighs to have during the week
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Oh goodness yes, spaghetti squash! I love it just with butter and salt, but I often add a spoonful of diced stewed tomatoes over it - usually the kind that have basil, garlic and onion added. SO tasty.

For lean, if I'm feeling lazy (which is often), I'll just do a couple of MSF grillers, or some other vegetarian 'meat' products that I've calculated fit into the parameters. Or I'll fry up some lean ground beef or ground turkey, either in crumbles, or patties, with some seasoning added.

And one of my favorite L&Gs is 3 scrambled eggs, with 'greens' added - usually spinach, or green pepper/onion, or mushrooms.
  • dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Lots of good ideas here. I like the taco salad. I do not use prepackaged taco seasoning as it has too many carbs. I make my own which is very simple. I had to switch up my L&G to keep it interesting. The side benefit of experimenting and analyzing is that I get to learn a new way of approaching food and prepare myself for the much harder part of this program which is transition and maintenance.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    I forgot to add salmon burgers (or tuna burgers)!
    I use canned samon/tuna, a bit of coconut or almond flour, 1 egg, and mix together with your seasoning. Form into patties and fry (use non-stick spray). This makes enough for two servings.

The patties are really loose since I dont add bread crumbs, but once you cook one side, it firms up pretty nicely and is easy to flip.

Edited to add: Be sure to drain most of the liquid, but leave enough so that your burgers arent dry.