The Weekends

Options
eys81
eys81 Posts: 61 Member
I am so bad about eating out on the weekends. Its such an ingrained habit that I can feel the pull already. I can easily eat out all three meals both days. My plan to stop this this weekend is:

1. to get up and go grocery shopping tomorrow morning.
2. If I eat out I will get a smoothie instead of a "meal"
3. Have quick easy dinners planned instead of meals requiring lots of cooking.

Any other tips?

Replies

• mlidge
    mlidge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you feel the need to eat "out", take some food you've already made and go on a picnic somewhere. Then you can get the feeling of being out and about, but have food you feel better about.
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat out a lot - I just plan ahead. I know there are any number of options at places like Olive Garden, Applebees, etc. I made a list of possibilities at the normal places we go. Instead of choosing from the whole menu, I am choosing off the very select list I prepared in advance. Example: I know at Olive Garden I can easily get the Apricot chicken, and still have room for up to 2 bread sticks. I happen to love that anyway, so it is not a hardship to choose it over other items.

Since I am not following any sort of 'diet' plan (just calories), this works for me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I would say, if you are eating six meals out on weekends right now, then just cut back, but treat yourself to one nice meal out on the weekends, and eat light at home the rest of the time....
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    UUUGGHHH, I understand where your coming from. I try to plan ahead for chain restaurants, but the sodium is ridiculous. I also go to one of my favorite stores..trader joes and they have a lot of already premade meals..so if it is in the fridge we just grab that:drinker:
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you feel the need to eat "out", take some food you've already made and go on a picnic somewhere. Then you can get the feeling of being out and about, but have food you feel better about.

^^This^^ Especially if you already plan on being gone all day just pack a cooler of stuff and throw it in the trunk.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I still eat out a fair bit. I just try to pick places with nutritional info online and plan ahead.
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of the enjoyment of eating out on your weekends.... Just make healthy choices or share your meals with someone.
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the good ideas. Last weekend was not as good as I had hoped but certainly much better than usual. We did 3 out of 6 meals at home. Even better we have eaten at home every night this week. Its so hard to break those bad habits but slowly slowly I know I can do it!!!