Going out with a guy who's on a swingers site....

Options
MelodyinGa
MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
Okay. So, I've started talking to this guy from POF. He profile seemed geniune. We've only texted at this point. He seems intelligent enough as well. He asked me to send him more pics. I told him I could email some, which I did. Just for the heck of it, I googled his email address and it pops up on a swing site. REALLY???? Damn it! Would date someone who is or has been active on a swing site?? Is there any normal...non-addicted ppl to date????

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For me its indicative of his value system in regards to relationships and monogamy. Unless you are into poly amorous relationships, I would NEXT him and keep it moving.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Okay. So, I've started talking to this guy from POF. He profile seemed geniune. We've only texted at this point. He seems intelligent enough as well. He asked me to send him more pics. I told him I could email some, which I did. Just for the heck of it, I googled his email address and it pops up on a swing site. REALLY???? Damn it! Would date someone who is or has been active on a swing site?? Is there any normal...non-addicted ppl to date????

There's no such thing as "normal", you just find someone who's weird in the same ways you are and then roll with it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    a normal person is just someone you don't know that well.
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    well said.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Exactly this.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I object to the use of the word normal........ No one is normal...Your correct wording is traditional TYVM,

How do you even know the last time he was on the swingers site, maybe he isnt into that anymore huh
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Jen makes a good point that it could also have been a joke or something an ex was into. Perhaps as the convo goes on you should teasingly ask him if he had any fetishes you should know about.
    *edit bc i cant spell on my phone :p
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well said about normal. I guess I have to try and discern his motives more so going forward.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Out of interest. why would you google an email address??
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    oh, and I'm not into swinging, so I doubt I'd be compatible with someone that is. That's always assuming he is! You'll never know if you dont ask the question.

:flowerforyou:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options

How do you even know the last time he was on the swingers site, maybe he isnt into that anymore huh

My first thought was that I'd probably not waste my time because I'm just not down, but on second thought- swinging isn't some kind of permanent fixed lifestyle state.

If you're maybe bored and he's interesting, it might be just fun to ask some questions?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So he likes to swing, but can he do this?

M5t9Vl7.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    The one thing you should do before dating a swinger is find out how hot his friends are. Get it, get it?
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    The one thing you should do before dating a swinger is find out how hot his friends are. Get it, get it?

Ha!

I suppose it depends on what it means to be a swinger. Wife swapping? Girlfriend swapping? Group sex with strangers? I suppose it's also relevant when this happened, and what his position is to it now. Perhaps he was just sexually frustrated after a difficult relationship, and wanted to let off some steam, experiment a bit. But he realized it wasn't for him, and now it's not his thing. Or maybe it's what he expects from any future relationship.

You won't know any of this until you ask him.

--P
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    1- he might be on there, but doesn't mean he still does it, some guys do it while single but then stop, also, was he ever an active swinger to start with or just was on that website with the hopes of getting into something or out of curiosity.

2- if he's really interested in you, the swinger situation will come up (if he's still active) pretty quickly in a conversation to see if you're comfortable with it or interested in the lifestyle

3- if it makes you comfortable to know he's a swinger, then just let it go, but I wouldn't until I had a couple of conversations with him. Swingers are not evil and won't jump on your for sex at the first occasion, it's actually a lifestyle that's really really respectful, I find more respect from guys who are swingers than the regular ones in a bar.

my 0.02 cents:smokin:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS.

?????
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I object to the use of the word normal........ No one is normal...Your correct wording is traditional TYVM,

WAIT!!!! I'm not normal?!?!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS.

?????

if ts someone u met online why WOULDN'T you?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS.

?????

if ts someone u met online why WOULDN'T you?

I never have, I never felt the need to. If someone seemed skeezy to me I just wouldn't go on a date with him, I wouldn't bother googling. If I liked him well enough to meet then the stuff of importance will come out in due time.

Then again, i'm pretty good at sniffing out bull****, am confrontational enough to address it and I don't get attached (to humans) very easily.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: