Have you try the 5k color run?

Options
I'm about to try my first 5k with the color me rad in Montreal. Have you try this kind of 5k? What do you think about it!?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The people who I know have tried it say its a blast. However, it tends to be slower because of the colors and there's more walkers because it's more about the event than about the run.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm going to do this next year . . . this is the reason for me doing this app!!! A friend asked me if I wanted to do it and it looked like sooooo much fun!!! Then I thought . . crap, I can't run 5kms!!!! LOL . . . And here I am about to start week 6 :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am doing the original Color Run in October, and yes it is a slower 5K, also known as a fun run. There are no times, no winners or losers, just lots of colored cornstarch. Remember, wear white, and bring towels for your seats or else the color will stain them.

Other than that, color runs are about having fun and relaxing. It is about raising money for a good cause while promoting health and fitness at the same time. Enjoy it, and take lots and lots of pictures.
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A friend who is starting c25k next week and I are going to do a Color Me Rad run in October.

But my girlfriend and I might do the Color Run in June.

I'm pretty excited for both.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I went with my mom and some friends to Color Me Rad last year - had a blast! Even thou we just walked the whole way, it's still a lot of fun.

My family is signed up to go for a local color run next month, Columbus Color Palooza. Super excited :)
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I signed up for one later this month. I want to recruit someone to go with me because I don't think it'll be as much fun by myself!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did a Color Run last year and loved it. I'm pre-registered for Run or Dye in August and there is another similar one in September too. I'm excited to do it!! :happy:
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did The Color Run in Charlotte last year and it was a blast!!! I would def recommend doing one!!! So much fun!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just officially registered for Run or Dye for August 10! Can't wait! I'll be totally done with c25k and working on speed by then! :flowerforyou:
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Definitely more about the fun than anything. I just did the Color Run on 5/11 and will be doing Color Me Rad in September. I took my 5 year old with me. We ran some and walked some it was all about the color though!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm doing color run in July and cant wait!
    its about fun more so than running, but I cant hide that I'm a little disappointed the person I'm doing it with has decided its going to be a walking event for her :( but oh well!
    x