Whole 30 without cooking

Options
Has anyone done a Whole 30 with minimal, if any cooking? If so, how?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    There was a show the other day where a man goes to a butcher, orders the cuts of meat he wants (beef, turkey, chicken, pork), has them ground up and eats them raw. He also eats organic, grass fed butter. He's 75, with the body of a 30 year old.

That might be a bit extreme, but most fish and beef does not have to be cooked (if it is fresh). Pork, turkey and chicken is a bit scary if it isn't cooked properly. Since the government inspects food, your risk of bacteria is very low, but can still happen.
  • TotalBodyRenos
    Options
    are you not a cooker? or just do not have time to cook?

Maybe have a friend help you pre make a bunch of meals for the week. have a sunday cooking day where all your suppers at least are made for the week. Breakfast and lunch can fairly simple with egg whites, some fruit and veggies in a blender, and lunch can be tuna salad or chicken salad type stuff from cans...or of course mix it up!!
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    This reminds me, as a kid I used to eat raw ground beef, I loved it, too afraid to try it now
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Ugh! No raw meat for me :)

My big issue is time. I don't have a lot to spare, and currently, I have a lot of work and home projects that are taking priority (they need to). I think I'm going to try lots of salads and smoothies-- I have egg white protein powder that's purely egg whites (that's the only ingredient), so that will work, I figure. Oh and I'm not a leftovers eater usually-- for some reason it tends to wig me out a bit.

The other factor is heat-- I am not interested in cooking or eating hot foods when it's in the 80s.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You could do it with very little cooking, but it might get boring pretty quickly.

Veggies and fruits can be eaten raw, nuts and seeds are always an option, salads, you can eat canned tuna/salmon...how about hard boiled eggs? 10 minutes and doesn't really count as "cooking", and you can make a huge batch at once.
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You could try organic/natural pre-cooked items such as rotisserie chickens, smoked chicken, smoked salmon, jerky and cold meats as well.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Try once a month cooking. Basically you take 1 whole day to shop and cook a months worth of meals. Then all you do is pull it from the freezer and reheat.

I do this on a weekly basis.

Or you can make dump meals...where you take a day and dump all ingredients for a meal into a freezer bag, then you only have to cook it at the end of the day...no prep work.

You may have to weed through non paleo meals to find ones that work for freezer cooking, but its a total lifesaver!

For example yesterday I went shopping and bought ingredients for 12 dinners. Then I went home and made massive batches of my 3 fav marinades...dumped them in a freezer bag with the meat...sealed and labeled it. Then I put that bag into a 2.5gal ziptop bag with a bag of frozzen veggies. Put the whole thing in the freezer. Now when its dinner time I just take one dinner "kit" out of the oven...dump the chicken into a baking dish and bake...and steam the veggies. Easy! No thinking or daily prep\mess.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I eat raw meat and have always craved it. However, it must be wild or you must know that it is raised in a healthy way. Also, one must have knowledge of the species. Some wild animals such as bear must be well cooked. Where I live most raw meat is frozen so that kills parasites; of course in the Arctic, we have very little problem with parasites. The main meat that I eat raw is caribou. Lots of meat is raw and dried as well. Good stuff.

Of course you can eat raw veggies but I wouldn't suggest going vegan to avoid cooking. lol

So, yes, I think Whole 30 could be done without cooking, but it would take even more effort than cooking. lol

I spend most weekends doing a "cook up" and I take great pride in knowing that my child and I are eating healthy food.