The Yellow Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hey, I too have been missing from the message boards lately. I finished my semester on Monday morning have not been able to find the motivation since. I did work out last night though! However, it looks like I won't be getting the breakfast challenge point. Breakfast always seems hard for me. Off to go do some bicycle crunches! Good luck this week ladies!
  • yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No I don't think we have Strawberry flavored Airborne. Never heard of it. I can check in some shops here and let you know. Couldn't you bring some over?
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Airborne is this effervescent stuff you mix with water that has Vitamin c and zinc and stuff and it's supposed to boost your immune system. With my vacation starting next Friday I DEFINITELY don't want to get sick!

Also, I'm having a crap week, but still trying to keep up with stuff.

JUST SO GROUCHY!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    5/2/13

4/7 days exercise

started the bridge 2 10 k program

900/135 Bicycle Crunches

490 squats

no rest day

10 glasses of water

4/7xbreakfast

recipe -not yet
  • yangi1
    Options
    Not doing well this week. Was out with hubby today for our anniversary last week and ate a lot of unhealthy food! So not expecting good results this so need all the advantage points! my week so far:

1. 3/7 sessions of exercise
    2. 1/1 new
    3. 1/3 bicycle crunches
    4. Rest today
    5.5/7 breakfast
    6. No recipe posted
  • yangi1
    Options
    I have checked and we don't have any from the shops I looked at. You might have to bring some. Hope you had a better day today. x
    Airborne is this effervescent stuff you mix with water that has Vitamin c and zinc and stuff and it's supposed to boost your immune system. With my vacation starting next Friday I DEFINITELY don't want to get sick!

Also, I'm having a crap week, but still trying to keep up with stuff.

JUST SO GROUCHY!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    5/3/13

5/7 days exercise

1100/135 Bicycle Crunches

490 squats

no rest day

10 glasses of water

5//7xbreakfast

recipe is done!!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    5/4/13

567 days exercise

1100/135 Bicycle Crunches

490 squats

Saturday rest day

10 glasses of water

7/7xbreakfast

recipe is done!!

i mess up posting on a day or something i had breakfast every day and worked out 6 out of 7 days.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    164.6lbs. woohoo!!
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Last week I was all excited because I'd lost the 4 pounds I gained. And now I'm all sad again because I've had a 0 week. I guess it's better than gaining, but I'm still feeling really bummed.

I'm starting to lose motivation...which I really don't want to do :(
  • yangi1
    Options
    I have lost 0.5lbs this week. Not as good as last week but a loss is good.

1. 4/7 sessions of exercise
    2. 1/1 new
    3. 1/3 bicycle crunches
    4. no rest today
    5.7/7 breakfast
    6. No recipe posted
  • yangi1
    Options
    Don't lose motivation...things will get better. Have you looked at what you were doing when you lost the 4pounds? Sometimes its the small changes that make a difference. I have found that overt time if I haven't tracked my food properly then I don't do so well as I love food and will easily eat too much.
    Last week I was all excited because I'd lost the 4 pounds I gained. And now I'm all sad again because I've had a 0 week. I guess it's better than gaining, but I'm still feeling really bummed.

I'm starting to lose motivation...which I really don't want to do :(
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    I haven't been as good as last time about tracking my calories, but I've still been trying to be very aware of what I'm eating. I feel like this week I also just ate less in general. Skipped breakfast twice and even once skipped dinner - I didn't eat because I wasn't hungry. This afternoon I felt like my workout was just going through the motions and I hardly sweat at all on my elliptical - I think maybe I accidentally put myself in starvation mode because I wasn't eating enough or eating properly. Need to be better about that.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    5/5/13

6/7 days exercise

1400/135 Bicycle Crunches

725 squats

Saturday rest day

10 glasses of water

7/7xbreakfast

recipe is done!!
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5/6/13

4/7 for exercise

Attempting ice skating

320 squats

Friday rest day

12 glasses of water per day or more

7/7xbreakfast

No recipe, my Internet is done and I have to do this from my phone.
  • ReDeCook
    ReDeCook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I did really well with food this week. I made sure to eat a really great breakfast every day. I did crunches and squats when I could, even though I forgot to track them. I am still behind on the actual workouts though. I am going to dedicate this week to improving that effort. I weighed myself yesterday and am still at 187.5 lbs. This is a bit of an improvement.
    Hope to see more improvement.

Renee
  • adancer59
    Options
    Ok, the last two weeks haven't been great. I only lost 0.2 pounds each week, but I have been really focused on training for my marathon and not on what I'm eating. I guess this proves that exercise is only half the battle. I'm off to the gym in an hour or so to get back on track and focused on both diet and exercise.

Challenges this week:
    4 of 4 days of exercise
    1 of 1 new thing: ran a half marathon
    0 of 135 bicycle crunches
    not 7 days of breakfast - I had breakfast a few days, but I'm not sure exactly how many.
    no recipe
  • adancer59
    Options
    I messaged Susie (susiej1976) and Taylor (eravia24) to get their weights for this week, and Susie has already gotten back to me, so I added it to the spreadsheet. One more and we'll have gotten everyone's weights for this week!

Good luck with week 3 everyone!
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our third week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 8 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs and booty and upper body strength !!! And main challenge Crunch and squats

At least 135 squats and 135 crunches spreaded in 3 days and as new exercise try 135 push ups again spreaded in at least 3 days

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most BUT DON'T OVER DO

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on 5 A DAY and cooking and preparing dish with veg and/or fruit - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x your 5 a DAY is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a fruit /veg - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight. And I hope breakfast is your meal for ever .

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run from today may6th - may 13th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 dish you were having this week for yourself. It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980731-cooking-preparing-food-challenge-5-a-day

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something special - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do all + extra 1 lbs for person with most of all
    7x your 5 a day foods - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

1 last lb is for person who motivates you the most in your team . This person is going to be voted by other members of team.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    1/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage

nothing new

700/135 Crunches 75/135 squats 6/135 push ups

1/ 5 a day foods -

recipe - not yet