How fast do you walk/ run?

Options
Chocoholic55555
Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
Not sure if anyone's asked this before, but.......

I was wondering, how fast do you walk & run?

I'm on w3 and walk at 5.5 and run and 6.5 or 7. I assume my treadmill works in KM/ hour? Am I running too slowly? Not sure if I'm doing it right.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I walk at 3.5 mph and run at 4.5 mph so it's just about the same as you. I'm not as concerned with speed yet. I will work on that once I'm done with the program. I don't want to injure myself or cause exhaustion.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm very slow. I walk at 3.4mph, and run at 3.8mph. I will work on speed as my endurance gets better.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    According to my pedometer my walking average is 3.7 mph and running average is 6 mph
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958618-beginner-walk-vs-jog-speeds

Here's a similar topic that might be helpful in answering this question.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    To paraphrase a famous ultramarathoner: Run slowly. Then, if you feel like you're slow, slow down some more. Right now you're just building a runners body: muscles, bones, joints, blood flow, lung capacity, etc. Once you have that in place, you will have the ability to speed up . A lot. Within a short period.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I walk and run close to the same speed, usually 3.2 - 3.8 mph average. I did w7d2 today and a man walking briskly passed me. Kinda irritated me a bit but whatever because I can now jog for 25 min straight. I'll work on speed when I complete the program.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That was totally me during C25k.

I can now run a mile in 10 minutes.

We're talking a single mile, and I can't do it every time. But we're also talking about on the track/in the neighborhood and not in a race. I think my next race is going to be a 10k.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am pretty slow. I only run about 12 minute mile. So I guess that puts me at about 5 MPH.