How should I workout? What fitness routine are you doing?

Options
Evasavealot1
Evasavealot1 Posts: 76 Member
I just added eat more to weigh less group. I saw a couple of your video on youtube(what is bulking, ...etc.) I'm a beginner to this methodology of fitness, quite honestly I'm intrigued. my boyfriend, a downer, is already disbeliever and I'm pumped up and ready to be transformed. I'm just kinda confused in what kind of exercise I can do at home since I don't have a gym or what weights size should I purchase. I have 5 pounders but I'm hestitant if I should go straight to 20 pounders. I'm mostly curios on how to workout my legs at home to build bigs muscles in that region, and overall what fitness routine or video you recommend for staters. Any fitness regimen would be beneficial. :)

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges for legs. Em2wl has a beginner routine but needs to be done with machines. Lift YOUR heaviest and mever jump up to weights just because. Try out the 10s if too light 15, etc.
  • SweetHarmony81
    SweetHarmony81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of investing in a kettlebell? there are some awesome workouts you can do at home in 20-25min

check out: http://www.myomytv.com/ for some ideas. There is also a beginners corner for you to have a look. 3 such workouts in a week will make a huge difference
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been working out so I am just starting too. I have been starting with the kettlebell, since I do have one of those already. Once I get into a routine with that I may look at heavier weights or a gym.
  • bossymomd
    bossymomd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am new to working out with weights. I have 5, 8 and 10 lb dumbbells. I LOVE the Cathe Friedrich Muscle Max workout which I do 2x a week. The exercises will build your strength. she uses a barbell for some of the exercises which I am still using dumbbells but still feel a great difference.

Use what feels right - it should feel hard to do all the way through the sets. if it's too easy go up. DON'T start out too high your can get hurt. build UP!

Sometimes I do the first set with the 10 lb weights and the 2nd set with the 8 lbs. I have been doing this twice a week for about 2 mos now. I see a great difference in my biceps, triceps, back and also thighs!

Good luck!
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I just added eat more to weigh less group. I saw a couple of your video on youtube(what is bulking, ...etc.) I'm a beginner to this methodology of fitness, quite honestly I'm intrigued. my boyfriend, a downer, is already disbeliever and I'm pumped up and ready to be transformed. I'm just kinda confused in what kind of exercise I can do at home since I don't have a gym or what weights size should I purchase. I have 5 pounders but I'm hestitant if I should go straight to 20 pounders. I'm mostly curios on how to workout my legs at home to build bigs muscles in that region, and overall what fitness routine or video you recommend for staters. Any fitness regimen would be beneficial. :)

If you search women's weightlifting websites, you can find some good routines at home. As a grad student, I don't have a gym membership so I also am an avid home weight lifter. Never go up in weight because you feel pressured to--when something feels too easy or too light, that's when you go up. Good luck!
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Strength training is key for fat loss while retaining your lean body mass (LBM- everything that is not fat including muscle). It also increases bone density.
    Even using your own body weight for exercise is a good start. As mentioned kettle bells are good as well as dumb bells.