Starting tonight

Options
Hello all I just got the Insanity work out and I plan on starting tonight. Any words of advice or wisdom ? Also any other diet options I have a lot of food allergies such as seafood and I cannot stand eggs which limits my meal options if I follow the diet plan tremendously. I look forward to starting and hopefully finding a workout buddy!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    * Before the workout, eat something extremely light... like a fruit or handful of peanuts.
    * Wear comfortable shoes for the various jumping exercises
    * Have towel ready...u will need it!
    * Have water nearby
    * Go at YOUR OWN PACE (this is really important)

As far as food options, I don't follow the Insanity diet that comes with the program. I think we all know what is HEALTHY lol. But I try to cut down on my portions and eat more veggies than anything.

Get lean meats : turkey, beef, etc. and stay away from fried foods in general. I remember eating a fried turkey leg right before Insanity. That was the wrong thing to do! Felt so sick during the whole workout.

Get plenty of water and keep pushing play! :smile:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    *shaking hands*

I started today as well and our family names are almost identical :)
    Remember to take pictures ;)
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I'm also anxious at the same time - I'm not a huge fan of plyo :)
  • amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight, too! Add me if you'd like :)
  • andreamccarthy26
    andreamccarthy26 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :) yes definitely make sure you have good runners to do this work out. I love doing insanity, its pretty tough but the time flies fairly quick and you feel really great after it. Best of luck with it :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    There are 4 Insanity threads, most people started in May. I wanted us all to be in one place. I created a group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14111-are-you-insane-start-may-6

Feel free to join if you need support and if you want to give it to others as well!
  • CoffeeAndRunningShoes
    CoffeeAndRunningShoes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well! I have a lot of food issues too so I am loosely following the plan. If it suggests cottage cheese I can have a glass of coconut milk or something in the same food type and calorie range. BTW fit test kicked my butt so I am a little scared for whats to come.
  • CarlFox1971
    Options
    Definately go at your own pace... If you need to stop then walking around the room for a fwe moments and catch your breathe then try a fit a few more in at the end of each exercise dont expect to be super woman on the first day... its all about loosening up your muscles and building endurance in the first 4 weeks :)

Good luck :)