May 6 challenge

Options
theparnellssean
theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
Capos and buttons, to help our family's image, which has been tarnished over the years, I think it is time to show an act of kindness.

You interpret this next challenge as you think is fit.

The challenge is, reach out to someone in need. = 1 large
Well maybe I am not that kind: 100 jumping jacks = and extra-large.

To receive your earnings please post what you did to this thread for helping someone in need. Captains send me the list nonetheless as to the earnings of your crew.

Happy kindness everyone
The Don

Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    What a nice balanced challenge...something nice...and something butt kickin'! ;D

Sending a little cash to a loved one in need from our family as our good deed.

and

100 jumping jacks - done.

Team Dante!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    my mother in law complaints she has no one to be active with for quite a while, so today I asked her to go out with me for a walk or to go to the gym.
    Sadly enough the weather seems to be too nice now to be active. *sight* well I tried!
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    **TEAM SACRIMONI** My husband and I bought breakfast for the group of homeless people who stay at the bridge near our work. We bought their doggies breakfast as well. They were all so sweet and thankful that we did it. It made my day! Thanks for this challenge. :)

OH and 100 jumping jacks down!
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    **TEAM SACRIMONI**

I'm not a patient person and can't be bothered with returning bottles and cans to the recycling machine.. so whenever I have enough to gather I drop them at the local beer distributor to a homeless family who hangs out there... Today I will drop off my current stock, and include some food and water as well~~

Oh, and 100 jumping jacks - Done!!
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Team Leonardo:

I cleaned up garbage in my elderly neighbors yard...
    100 jumping jacks done!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Dropped off clothing donation at local outreach.

Jumping jacks done!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Alrighty - I am on the right day now!
    Mailing a small check to help my Grandmother as the good deed and 100 jumping jacks done!
    Thanks for this challenge Don!
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    act of kindness- brought my co-teacher a yummy coffee cooler

100 jumping jacks done.
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I walked my gangster dog Vincent we picked up all the garbage we saw. (Shocking how much trash you can find in 35 minutes BTW)

Jumping Jacks Complete
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I set up a donation to charity so tomorrow the Veterans are picking up old clothing, furniture etc.

100 jumping jacks Done

Team Sacromoni
  • Joyellef
    Joyellef Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I gave my neighbor a ride to work and vollunteered in my daughter's class. Jumping jacks completed. Go team Blundetto!!!
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    **Team Sacrimoni**

Lent an ear to my neighbor, who was having a bad day.
    100 Jumping Jacks complete :)
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    TEAM SACRIMONI

I'm watching a friends 5 month old today, her husband is home... but you see he had the snip so he can't watch the baby while she goes to do errands....? lol. I love having her anyway. I have 2 large bags of baby girl clothing to pass along to her.

100 jumping jacks done!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have spent the day talking to a few friends who were down and doing my best to cheer them up. I even talked to a random stranger today and made her laugh! I'm spreading sunshine today!!
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, today I am writing a letter to a boy in Kenya that I am sponsoring through church. A few members of my church are actually going there this Thursday to do some mission work for Jesus so I will pray that they can deliver my letter for me. I did my jumping jacks too!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I posted my niceness yesterday by mistake, helped another biker with a shot of my tool-kit (can of WD40 is my entire tool-kit) but it's what he needed and got him back on the road!! Part of a charity motorcycle run. We donated a prize worth £50 (full motorcycle valet) to the raffle - I get to do the cleaning!! It was all for a very good cause - children's ward of the local hospital!

97 jumping jacks then twisted my ankle trying not to kick the cat, leg is elevated with frozen peas on my ankle... ouch!
  • flyinghawk2012
    flyinghawk2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sent thank you note to my daughter-in-law for hosting the cook-out yesterday. I said Hoorays! with my future daughter-in-law who just passed a huge final (I'm so happy for her!). I helped my husband tie up a tree that's leaning in our yard (without complaining about the pinchy branches). And I sent words of encouragement to my friend - who's getting gripes from her sons about celebrating mother's day with her.

I just spent 45 minutes walking my hubby (and my dog).
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I spent a while on www.freerice.com (I also gave a persuasive speech on it today, so perhaps more people will use it :smile: )
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***

Missmegan

I spent 2 hours at the DV Womans Shelter teaching Rockin Body workout with 9 of the residents there... It was so much fun!!! The response from the women there make me feel like they were the ones showing act of kindness versus myself.. I have decided to make it a Monday workout with them all every week.

100 alternating tow touches with 5# weights (unable to do anything involving jumps)
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Gave a cash donation to the firemen collecting donations at an intersection this morning.

100 jumping jacks complete.