'Diet Foods' - Available in Australia

Options

Replies

• DoingItMyOwnWay
    Options
    There is a brand of drinking chocolate you can get that you'd probably find in the kids' drink mix section. I can't remember the brand but the company also does banana and strawberry flavoured milk mixes. Approx 7 calories a serve from memory.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    that's vitarium.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149672423

HEAPS of stuff here. And lots of random chit chat.
  • shella_bella
    shella_bella Posts: 180
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the thread. I'm from Canada (30mins from the US border, so I can get anything in north America if I felt like it) but I'm in Aus for a year. So many foods I have been missing! Hopefully this thread will help me out!
  • megzand3
    megzand3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't tried the Chobani yoghurt.....can someone please tell me if it has gelatine in it?

I love the Jarrah Hot Chocolatte for 99 calories....it's actually quite creamy.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    There is a sugar free hot choc that has about 5 cals I think.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Chobani yoghurt.....can someone please tell me if it has gelatine in it?

The FAQ section of the Chobani website states that it is free from gelatine and animal-based thickeners therefore suitable for vegetarians :smile:
  • gmallan
    Options
    Oh and you can buy cartoned egg whites from the frozen section in Woolies/Coles
  • gmallan
    Options
    I just bought a 5 to try pack of Jarrah hot chocolates. They are on special at Woolies this week for $2.05 and you can try all 5 flavours. They are between 47 and 67 calories each.

Also I found coconut oil in the Asian section. $6 for 300ml
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    don't know if you have it down there but flannerys sell coconut oil for around $12 a litre when on special.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oooh there are heaps!

I SWEAR by Bodytrim protein bars. They are so yummy, and filling because of the protein and green tea extract

- Quest bars - not available in Aus, but you can get them sent to you from America. Between 160-200 cal depending on which bar you choose. They are delicious, full of fibre and protein, and if youj microwave them, they become cakey :D

- Spiral foods ramen noodles. These delicious noodles are only 55 cal for the packet and are delicious. They're pretty expensive at $4,90 a serving, but they're worth it for me. Available in some speciality grocery stores

- The Key Ingredients soups - These are delicious and range between 35 cal - 130 cal for a 550ml serving of soup. Love them

- Chobani plain Greek yogurt

- Pure bred Gluten free country grain bread. 55 cal for a slice, high protein and fibre. Delicious too
  • gmallan
    Options
    don't know if you have it down there but flannerys sell coconut oil for around $12 a litre when on special.

Not down here in Hobart. Was sort of an impulse buy of something that I've been meaning to try for a while. Hopefully if I decide to stick with it then I'll find it somewhere cheaper. That sounds like a good deal
  • Janeinoz63
    Janeinoz63 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my fav snacks or diet foods .... nestle diet chocolate mousse 68 cal, and have just gotten into Tamar Valley (no added sugar 6 pack) greek style yoghurt vary between 80 - 90 cal, another one .. my protein bar Well Naturally - high protein mini bars peppermint surprise 84 cal - there are other flavours but my woolworths only has the peppermint - yum and a chocolate which is not the best ... all at woolworths.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Anybody know if we have carton/frozen egg whites here from free range chooks? Currently if I do use egg whites I just use fresh free range eggs and keep the yolk for something else, but I don't always HAVE something else to use it for and I hate wasting an animal's product like that. I've tried searching online, but all I come up with are companies that sell free range eggs AND carton/frozen egg whites (not free range) - hoping somebody maybe has spotted something I've missed?
  • Rexie83
    Rexie83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Woo - just found this group; fantastic!

I don't know if this is a 'diet food' but I use 180 Nutrition super food powder - it's technically a protein powder but with a focus on natural sources etc etc. I love it!
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    There is a brand of drinking chocolate you can get that you'd probably find in the kids' drink mix section. I can't remember the brand but the company also does banana and strawberry flavoured milk mixes. Approx 7 calories a serve from memory.

7 calories per serve?!!! I need to buy this!!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    vitarium
  • gmallan
    Options
    vitarium

Just had a look online at the Woolworths website and there are two versions of this. One marketed at adults and one marketed at kids. The adult version is $6.87 and the kids one is $5.26. Not sure if there is any difference in the product itself but they are both 200g
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bumping .... gotta try me some Chobani
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    vitarium

Just had a look online at the Woolworths website and there are two versions of this. One marketed at adults and one marketed at kids. The adult version is $6.87 and the kids one is $5.26. Not sure if there is any difference in the product itself but they are both 200g

they are exactly the same :smile:
  • gmallan
    Options
    vitarium

they are exactly the same :smile:

Thanks for that, I'll save my money then and just be a big kid. I actually just bought the strawberry one