Calories Burned

Options
Hello All,

I'm sure that this question has already been asked, but is there a fast way to track your insanity workouts on myfitnesspal? I know that calories burned varies per person, but I'm wanting a quick and easy way to track the workouts.

Thanks!
Anita

Replies

• jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The best and most accurate way I find is using a HRM. It's hard to do a general estimate because everyone burns a different amount of calories doing Insanity and you burn more some days than others.
  • anitalazar
    anitalazar Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I have been reading. I guess it's time to invest in a heart rate monitor. Thanks!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have yet to buy a HRM. I keep meaning to, it just hasn't happened. Along with buying new workout clothes that aren't falling down as I work out, lol. Anyways, I've just been logging the workouts under Calisthenics(vigorous effort) for most the regular days. Cardio Abs and Cardio Recovery I log as Pilates. Max Recovery, I think I log part as Pilates and part as pushups. A HRM would be so much easier, lol.
  • booyakazam
    booyakazam Posts: 18
    Options
    A good HRM has been my best investment! I have the Polar FT7. Prior to that I bought the Pyle HRM, but did not find it to work properly, plus it was just too big on my wrist. The Polar FT7 is absolutely great and has helped me track my calories burned more accurately!

I hope this helps! :)
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been creating custom workouts in MFP for each insanity workout. Then once I do each workout you can go to recent and then add that same workout and then edit the calories. (If you dont have a heart rate monitor, I would guestimate about 500calories per workout). I just bout a HRM and they are averaging 500 to 700, but it depends on your weight and age. Hope that helps
  • leedebter
    leedebter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 too and it's awesome. Everyone is different but I burn 400 - 500 per workout and about 200 on the recovery dvd.