Activity Level?

Options
Marie3391
Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
Hi all!

I've been eating about 1850 calories a day due to my activity level for the past 4 weeks. Some days I eat more, some days I eat less. I just try to have it averaged out by the end of the week. I just wanted to get you guys' opinion towards my activity level to see if I'm following the guidelines properly...

I do about 30-60 minutes of cardio 4 times a week. Cardio means elliptical machine, running outside or on the treadmill, the step machine, etc or a combination of all these things.

I then also do CrossFit 3 times a week so that is my strength portion of workouts. Most of CrossFit is weight lifting but there can be some cardio in there with box jumps and whatnot.

So I have my activity level set at 5-6 hours/week of strenuous exercise.

What do you guys think?

Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So 180 min avg of straight cardio. 3 hrs.

But you don't mention how much time on the Crossfit with strength focus cardio.
    Is it really weight lifting with rests between sets, or from what I've seen, minimal rest or cardio between lifts?
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is usually about 60 minutes long with the warm-up, working on lifting techniques with various sets, etc and then the actual intense part of it lasts from 5-12 minutes. It really depends what the WOD is. It changes every day so sometimes there's more lifting involved but then other times there might be more lifting with cardio mixed in through running or just the speed you have to go at.

Oh and with my cardio, I really rarely do 30 minutes. It's mostly 40-45 minutes. Rarely I do 30, if I don't have much time, and sometimes 60 minutes if I just feel like I need/want to.

If there is more info needed as well... well I'm a female, 61.5 inches tall, 22 years old and I put my goal weight into the scooby calculator, which is 120lbs currently.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, I was going to just use this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/961054-spreadsheet-for-bodyfat-bmr-tdee-progress-tracker

And that kind of class sounds like it would mainly be classed as high cardio for calorie burn range. Not the lower burn of lifting.