I thought I ate like a pig but....not enough on rest days?!

ButterfliiHawk
ButterfliiHawk Posts: 20 Member
Hi all!

ARGHHHH!!
So I've been reading up a lot of the posts and threads these last couple of weeks and I finally decided to just up my calories whether it freaked me out or not!
On Sunday I changed MFP to 2113 kcals as that is what the calculators suggested for a 15% cut.
Yesterday I did 30 day shred and also 40 mins of Blogilates (mix of HIIT, and advanced Pilates!) and had no problem eating that, I could've actually eaten more as I felt a bit hungry towards be time...

But today?...just happened to be my monthly time start up and so all my muscles just pretty much died! :( grrrr!
I hate resting!

But I've got to 1623 kcals and I've no idea how to eat more! I'm like, 30 mins from bed time, so obviously dont want to cook really, and I'm feeling hungry but I've just no idea how to put 490 kcals in me while keeping it clean as possible!
It all feels like SO much food!

So my questions are -
1:Any suggestions??
I don't eat dairy or (gluten at the moment)and I'm in the process of becoming a vegetarian.

2: how many rest days a week are actually needed if I'm not heavy lifting? I don't have access to full weight sets or a gym etc so I mostly do Blogilates,jillian michaels, (with dumbells) ballet, yoga, treadmill and stationary bike.........

Any help would be soooo greatly appreciated! This whole eat-more thing scares me but I want to sort my body out once and for all and stop freaking out at every calorie!

Xx

Replies

• knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    My go-to for extra calories is a green smoothie. Here's a vegan one:

1 handful spinach
    1 large banana
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 cup soy or almond milk

Super easy and it's like 400 calories.
  • ButterfliiHawk

1 handful spinach
    1 large banana
    1 cup soy or almond milk

I lovvvve green smoothies, that one you just posted it my go to also! Unfortunately my blender has broken!! :( nightmare!

I ended up eating fruit and a dairy free yogurt! Didn't reach calorie goal though....... Does anyone else have trouble eating all their calories though cleaner eating?
  • ButterfliiHawk

1 handful spinach
    1 large banana
    1 cup soy or almond milk

P.S thanks for the reply!! :D
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Check out my diary- I definitely have trouble hitting my goal!! I am lucky to net above my BMR most days. But, I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks, so I'm considering this my transition period and I'm going to try to be eating AT my goal in a month.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member

1 handful spinach
    1 large banana
    1 cup soy or almond milk

I lovvvve green smoothies, that one you just posted it my go to also! Unfortunately my blender has broken!! :( nightmare!

I ended up eating fruit and a dairy free yogurt! Didn't reach calorie goal though....... Does anyone else have trouble eating all their calories though cleaner eating?

I eat pretty cleanly and probably 90% vegan. I'm eating 2000-2500 calories a day right now. Feel free to FR me and check out my food diary! :flowerforyou:
  • ButterfliiHawk

1 handful spinach
    1 large banana
    1 cup soy or almond milk

I eat pretty cleanly and probably 90% vegan. I'm eating 2000-2500 calories a day right now. Feel free to FR me and check out my food diary! :flowerforyou:

Ooh thank, I'll friend you, I'm in need of some vegan/mostly vegan help really! I am finding it pretty hard to make all the changes...doing it gradually but I don't want to end up mal-nourished while doing it! :)
    Thank you!
    Xx