Big weight loss with Nrol4W?

Options
2»

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Ugh. No, you don't NEED both.

With 100lbs+ to loose I would image that at a slight cal deficit and working out consistently you will PROBABLY still see the numbers go down. Fat loss mainly comes down to eating a clean diet.

I politely disagree with the above. If the OP is, say 250 pounds, she DOES need to do both.

A slight calorie deficit is not the way to go in this situation, would recommend 500+ calories.

Fat loss does not mainly come from clean eating...it comes from a reasonable calorie deficit.

OP - yes, this program can work for you if you watch your diet.

Heather - OMG, you look awesome!!
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't really offer any advice on to the OP as I was already at target weight when I started. I just want to say OMG Heather you look fabulous!!! I think you and I started New Rules at the same time, but I've not been as consistent with my workouts as you have. Well done and congrats on your success! I'm really beginning to regret not taking any 'before' pics.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have a question, i have roughly 30 more lbs to drop, i do nrol and tonight i go onto workout 5a, i have a"baby belt" and thunder thighs, i was going to do a hour of cardio on my of nights, but them i got to thinking, instead i may do the jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, i know u can't spit reduce, but would that aid on my stripy to lift that flab? I'm eating art a deficit and in a few weeks i go maintenance.. So? Should i stripy our go cardio?
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing stage 3 and I've lost 20 lbs, 4% body fat, and 3" on my waist. I just have been doing NROWL 3x a week(ish) at the gym. No real cardio. I also eat very well and take care of my body (except for last week!). I will be starting to add cardio next week into Stage 4. I'd love to do more but the full stage 3 workouts would take 90 min and I don't have the time. I really wish the author took that into account!!

My body has really liked the weight lifting and my body looks so much better for it!! So yeah you can, everyone is different and takes things differently. You can lose alot of weight with it!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You have a lot more weight to lose than I did, but my prediction is that you'll lose a lot of weight at the beginning with even a small calorie deficit. It actually takes some effort to keep up higher levels of weight

You'll lose slower than if you just had the deficit because you'll be adding muscle (which will increase scale weight) but you'll look awesome and stay healthier during.