Totally Exhausted...Normal?

Options
Mia74
Mia74 Posts: 12 Member
I started a metabolism reset last Saturday so it's been almost a week of eating at my TDEE. I feel exhausted and by 1:00 pm could fall asleep.

Is this normal?? And will it subside over time?

Thanks
Maria

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I dont think its normal. Didnt happen to me. Many report high energy after upping cals.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    maybe check your carb/sugar intake? Even though you can eat more, having a doughnut and cereal will affect your blood sugar in the same way and you'll have that mid-afternoon slump.

Aim for lower glycemic index foods.

I didn't look at a diary or anything-- just my 2 cents. Good luck with the reset :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Bigger meals too, unless mainly fat, also increase insulin response.

Important to figure out. Try eating the protein and fat in a meal first. That won't overcome a huge meal causing insulin, but if smaller it should cause a difference.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing. I upped my cals from under 1000 to eventually around 1800-2000. My body was extremely happy with the new food supply and I think for a bit didn't really know what to do with it. I came home from work and went straight to bed. I was sooooo tired and like you described, totally exhausted. It came outta no where and hit me like a ton of bricks. From what I remember, it lasted around 2 weeks before my body finally slowly started to come around and it started using the food to give me energy. Since then, i've had incredible amounts of energy...often more then what I know what to do with. Here's the link to a thread you might find helpful with the process :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe open your food diary? It may help in giving feedback. :)