Check In 5/5-5/11

Options
I love the weekly threads where we check in, so I'm starting one =-)

Yesterday's check in
5/8
Turbo Fire 55
Stretch 10
20 mins light weight lifting
940 calories burned according to body bugg
Nutrition 5/10

Even though I torched over 900 calories, I wasn't hungry. I got in healthy food and hit my prot. numbers, so I'm not worried with it. I'll eat when I get hungry which can't be too long with these kinds of work outs.

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love the weekly threads where we check in, so I'm starting one =-)

Yesterday's check in
    5/8
    Turbo Fire 55
    Stretch 10
    940 calories burned according to body bugg
    Nutrition 5/10

Even though I torched over 900 calories, I wasn't hungry. I got in healthy food and hit my prot. numbers, so I'm not worried with it. I'll eat when I get hungry which can't be too long with these kinds of work outs.

Great workout and great burn. I love the daily check ins too. On Facebook I have a few Groups where we check in daily with the same information as above. My day does not feel complete until I check in and account for myself and check to see how others did that same day. I encourage others to check in too. It gave me motivation when I needed it.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    check your FB. I requested to join a group =-)
  • teamryan90
    Options
    check your FB. I requested to join a group =-)

Alright. That is great. I made a new group this morning and will add you to the new group. Some will not be starting their posting in the group until Monday.

If you have any friends that want to join my new group they will be welcome to join to. I love being held accountable to my daily workout and nutrition postings.

Anyone else in this group is welcome to join my new group on Facebook too for additional motivation on support.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Since I love checking in I will post yesterdays and today's workout. I love being held accountable.

5/8 Day 66
    P90X Back and Biceps and Ab Ripper X
    Nutrition 9/10
    I killed this workout today. Struggled with the Ab Ripper X but I did all the reps. I had to hit pause a few times. I was getting dizzy. But most importantly I did my best. I burned close to 800 calories total between the 2 workouts.

5/9
    P90X Yoga X
    Nutrition 8/10
    I am getting much better at Yoga. A huge improvement since my first yoga workout. By no means am I close to being Gumby but I have improved significantly. I can do Crane which in week I thought would be impossible. I like the Yoga but sometimes the 90+ minute workout seems a bit too long. I burned 556 calories in this 90+ minute workout.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Today's check in
    5/9
    Turbo Fire 45
    HIIT 20
    Stretch 10
    890 calories burned according to body bugg
    Nutrition 8/10

I had a pitiful calorie day yesterday. Not enough to properly maintain today's work out. I went through the motions but couldn't give it my typical umph. Still great calorie burn. Also, with only 3-4 light weight lifting sessions and I can feel the muscle definition beginning. I LOVE lifting weights!

Today I am HUNGRY. Calories are back up and I hope to add more to it tomorrow.

Tomorrow's plan is ab work for 20 mins, Fire 55, and Stretch 10.
  • mama_april
    mama_april Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow you all are dedicated!

yesterday 5/8
    Rockin Body - Party Express and Booty time
    Nutrition: 6/10

My daughter had a mother daughter tea party at the church she goes to and I ended up eating sweets that I really shouldn't have had! I still managed to get my workout in even though it was 2 hours after my bed time when I even started. I'm extremely happy I did it anyway. I don't really understand how to calculate how many calories I have burned after each of these video workouts. Can someone explain that part to me? I work out in the evening, so I'll submit a check in tonight with todays results.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Wow you all are dedicated!

I don't really understand how to calculate how many calories I have burned after each of these video workouts. Can someone explain that part to me? I work out in the evening, so I'll submit a check in tonight with todays results.

I am using Body Bugg which calculates calories burned. It is a device I wear. There are other devices out there. Next time you go to Best Buy check out the fitness section.

There is also an exercise tab at the top of your page on MFP. You log your food to get your calories consumed and then go to the exercise tab to log your work outs (calories burned). It is a general estimiation and not as accurate as the devices. It does give a good idea of calories burned during a work out though! And it is free :flowerforyou:

Post when you can. You do the work out, brag! Right now accountability from my friends who are doing Turbo is one thing keeping me dedicated during this 5 day challenge. Also seeing those calories burned keeps me motivated.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    5/10
    P90X Legs/Back & Ab Ripper X Day 68
    Nutrition: 9/10
    I ate healthy today and drank plenty of water. I had a great workout burning 646 calories in Legs and Back and burning 190 calories in Ab Ripper X. I improved a lot on the pull ups and did at least 10 to 15 each time. I am looking forward to taking it easy the rest of the night and spending time posting to my groups. My new group on Facebook is up too. Let me know if you are interested or click on join group and I can add you. The link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    5/10
    Turbo Fire 55
    Stretch 10
    385 calories burned according to body bugg
    Nutrition 8/10

Not a lot of energy today, so no ab work. I got in some good calories yesterday and today. Have my food planned out for tomorrow. Hoping I can catch up with some energy. I'll plan Fire 45, HIIT 20, and maybe some kind of light strength training for Sat.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    5/11
    Day 69 P90X Kenpo X
    Nutrition: 9/10
    I burned 694 calories in 59 minutes. I used a Polar heart rate monitor.
    I love the Kenpo X. It reminds me of Cardio Kickboxing. The times goes by so fast in this workout. I am getting much better at the side kicks but I am no Bruce Lee yet. Time to get eat a healthy breakfast.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    5/11
    Turbo Fire 45
    HIIT 20
    Stretch 10
    540 calories burned according to body bugg
    Nutrition 5/10

Work night. I did HIIT 20 before work and Fire 45 & Stretch 10 during my lunch hour. One more day of this 5 day Turbo Challenge!! I did not want to work out last night. It showed in my effort, but I am so glad I squeezed it in before bed time!

Just because the plan didn't go as planned =-)