BODY PUMP

Options
fatsygirl1
fatsygirl1 Posts: 7 Member
Hi Guys!
Does anyone else take the Les Mills Body Pump class. If so do you know how many calories are burned in a typical class.
I just started this program and would like to add it to the exercise function in this site.

Replies

• darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    On their web site it says 424 for females.

Full report: http://www.lesmills.com/files/Email/BODYPUMP Research Report_final.pdf
  • fatsygirl1
    Options
    Thanks!
  • fatsygirl1
    Options
    Do you add this to cardio so you can count the calories burned towards your daily total?
  • toxoplasmagondi
    toxoplasmagondi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been doing les mills classes for awhile now. When I wear my hear rate monitor I burn anywhere from 170-300 cals in bodypump. I weigh 130lbs and am 5'6". In general I find the burns from the les mills website to be drastically overestimated.
  • Nitxinha
    Nitxinha Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been doing les mills classes for awhile now. When I wear my hear rate monitor I burn anywhere from 170-300 cals in bodypump. I weigh 130lbs and am 5'6". In general I find the burns from the les mills website to be drastically overestimated.
    So true... I find there are times I walk out without a drop of sweat, so I have to push myself alot more.
  • brook0530
    brook0530 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! YES! I just started the Les Mills Body Pump program two weeks ago - and was actually wondering the same thing! I LOVE the program though and can't wait to do it every time! I was thinking of going online to see if there is anyway to calculate the calories burned or find out. If I do I will post it! Good to meet someone else loving Les Mills!

Brook:happy:
  • broncosbabe
    broncosbabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So true... I find there are times I walk out without a drop of sweat, so I have to push myself alot more.

I find this really interesting, because every time I've done the class I come out dripping with sweat and I really feel it the next day. Especially during the squat tracks - I feel that gross sweat dripping from my elbow...and love it :P

I'm 60kg and 164cm (132lb and 5'4"). I reckon this just proves that no workout is going to do the same thing for everyone. Best way to find out what calories YOU burn - personal HRM on during the class.