likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

I think it's time to post this again :)

Replies

• Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That is awesome... thank you for sharing!!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    That was beautiful. Thank you for posting.
  • rachael116
    Options
    That really was very moving. I started tearing up while reading it. Thanks for the post!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Thank you for sharing, vardaeml!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That made me tear up :') in a happy way of course.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Very inspiring and very true. When I'm out running and feeling like I'm going to die and I see another runner, all I've gotten are smiles of encouragement!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This has me bawling right now. I really needed to read this at this very moment! Thank you for posting!!!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
    I'm off to show it to more people :D
    x
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I just saw the link on another thread in the main forums. I've read it before and printed it out - when I stopped sniffling.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much! I have been that fat girl (walking) and now even as a slimmer girl I feel like the fat girl most days! I needed this and I know many of my friend who need this as well. :heart:
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thank you.
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Giving this a bump, cuz I loved it!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This is great. Annoying how when you start to read the comments though that idiots attack the guy for using the wrong words etc etc. Sometimes people just have to criticise everything he clearly meant it to motivate people like me and I'm happy to take the motivation and not second guess his every thought.
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As someone just starting on my journey I loved this and had to pass it along to my sisters. Thanks for sharing.
  • Thyme4change
    Thyme4change Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link...I am that fat girl who can run a mile and a few more steps each time, woohoo..I teared up reading that blog. I never thought about others silently cheering me on rather than thinking 'how did she ever get that way? It's nice to be reminded we aren't in HS anymore and people usually mature. But I must confess that Everytime I run I do tear up because I never thought I could run without killing myself. It is so emotional to do something that I only thought athletes did. Someone called me physically active yesterday and I said not really. But I am! I may not go for miles and hours at a time but exercise has become a part of my life. It took almost 45 years, I am 49 now...this couch potato has turn over a new leaf..Good on all of us for getting out there..and even the ones of us who are thinking about it...

He quote that helped me when Running was only a delusion and made it a dream..NO MATTER HOW SLOW YOU GO, YOU ARE STILL LAPPING THE PEOPLE ON THE COUCH
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I haven't run in over 6 months, but this rings so true to me. Beautiful post, got me all teary eyed. I respect every runner I see out there, and especially cheer on the heavier ones - 'cause running is harder when you're heavier! I know! I've done it!!

Thanks Thyme4change this is a really good one too, "NO MATTER HOW SLOW YOU GO, YOU ARE STILL LAPPING THE PEOPLE ON THE COUCH"
  • jessiebritt
    jessiebritt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Thank You!