A Mothers day challenge

theparnellssean
theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
To all of the Moms of The Sopranos Challenge, Happy Mothers Day!

The Mothers day challenge is to complete a 5k. Walk run jog 3.1 miles or bike 5 miles or swim 10 laps = 1 large
Bonus: Post anything special that happened on Mothers day = extra large

Happy Mother's Day

The Don

Replies

• sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Can post my bonus: my youngest son, 11, made me breakfast that was cereal and milk. He was so proud because he used my measuring cups- 1 cup of cereal and 1/2 cup milk. I did not realize that he was paying so much attention and is now aware of portion sizes. I was so proud!

I will be walking my 5K with my mom this afternoon! Beautiful day for a walk!
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    My bonus: I went to see my husbands grandmother and mother today! Very Happy to have such great In-law family since my own family is quite... lets say disfunctional and I cannot be in my mothers life and be myself!
    I think it especially sad since I saw a lot of friends here and on facebook who have lost there mothers due to tragic events like illness or accidents!

Had a blast at the gym today, ran/walked a 5 km and did 25 km on bike! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Happy mothers day!
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Walked 3.1 miles, went to church with my two daughters followed by Macaroni Grill lunch, my girls gave me pink flowers and vanilla cappucino for my keurig coffee maker, and I called my mother of course!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    I don't live near my mom, so I gave her her gift and card when I saw her friday, she had gotten off of work early since I was in town :D Then I have already talked to her twice today to catch up some more :)
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Not done with my day yet, but I did have something very special happen. My step-daughter and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for a very long time. I was beginning to think I'd never have another grandchild. I put my order in, but my kids were not listening, lol. Found out they are expecting the end of October. I'm so excited!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    I got to spend Mother's Day with my youngest daughter and my new grandchild. Sarah bought me flowers for the garden and the makings of a wonderful dinner which the husband is going to do on the bbq. If my eldest was at home it would be an absolutely perfect day. Happy Mothers Day all
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Not done with my day yet, but I did have something very special happen. My step-daughter and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for a very long time. I was beginning to think I'd never have another grandchild. I put my order in, but my kids were not listening, lol. Found out they are expecting the end of October. I'm so excited!

So excited for you....Congrats....
  • lizai1
    lizai1 Posts: 32 Member
    It's not mothers day here in the uk...but we went out for a roast lunch as a family....spending time with my family is always special :-)
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Hi, jog 4.5miles today. My son washed the dishes and peel a potato for the first time.
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Both mine and my husbands moms have passed. I'm only a mom to cats so yesterday we invited all our friends who are mothers over for a bbq and gave each of them flowers for mothers day, Walked 3 miles today.
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Well Sean and I had to work today, we had some family time this morning and will have a family dinner tonight! So Mother's Day is really just beginning for us. Two of my sons surprised me with flowers, I was so touched it brought tears to my eyes!! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful children!!
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Already walked 5 miles today, so yay got that! Also, suprised to my mom with a drop in visit and flowers for her and my grandma so bonus!
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Got together with a few brothers and sisters and hung mommy. It was great family fun. I went and got Chinese food for the group. (just had a bite) and did my normal thing.

Walked the 5K

Happy Mothers Day Mothers!
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    21 floors climbed today
    8.88 miles traveled today

went down to the cemetery and had a long talk with my grandmother ( the angel i got her lit up on its own)
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Walk is done.

As for mom's day I spent the morning with my mom and surprised my mom in law with a visit.
  • mrscruz625
    mrscruz625 Posts: 59 Member
    spent he day with my kids, my mom and grandma <3
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    My bonus= I had to work a 12 hour shift today so my mothers day is just starting also. When I got home my 10 yr old daughter gave me a list of "Top 10 Reasons I Love My Mother" 1) She is very nice to me 2) She pays for the bills 3) She's around all the time 4) She takes care of me 5) She gives me things I need 6) She keeps me safe 7) She's sweet as honey 8) She looks as beautiful as a butterfly 9) She is as fun as a trampoline 10) She is as lovely as a flower. And yes the tears came out. It is nice to see how much your kids see what you do for them and how much you love them. She handed me this note with 2 yellow roses.

I also did my 5 (actual 9) miles today at work. I am pooped!!!!
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Walked for three and a half hours guessing I made the required miles. We went to a local art s festival in town after church. I got my meal yesterday my husband made grilled shrimp and carne asda my 5 year old "made" salad and my 7 year old made guacamole allI had to do is eat. They even did the dishes (paper plates)
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI*** MOTHER DAY RESULTS
    Missmegan 5 mile bike ride, dinner with my mother
    Nwintern 8 mile bike ride special family brunch
    Tubbyelmo 4 mile ride, and gardening for her mother (and its not mothers day overseas)
    Heppin1 5 K
    Karendee4 7.65 bike ride breakfast and dinner cooked by hubby
    Meemilla 4 miles spent day with family and grandkids
    Erinw2012 5 k and special dinner
    Octobergrl 3.1 on elliptical and dinner with family
    Likerebecca 5 k and special brunch and shopping with mom
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Bonus team sacrimoni

I woke to my grand baby girls arms wrapped tight around my neck then my other granddaughter came over to play and have an amazing breakfast made with love by papa. I still did all my workouts. Then went out to find the perfect flower pot for my Mom. Surprised her by showing up at her home instead of the normal phone call. It was very nice although she didn't know who I was at first. Why? Because I lost so much weight. Loved it.
    Also saw my girls too! wish we could have all gone to lunch or dinner but I will not allow it until I reach my goal weight. It was a beautiful day!