finishing burn but no results yet :(

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i am kinda bummed, i couldn't wait till i finished burn and to see the difference after 30 days, but no results? :( all my measurements are the same except i gained a few lbs on the scale i so was hoping to see a difference in measurement especially my lower belly, welll i hope the push phase is going to get things moving...

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    that definitely sucks! What are you eating? What's your daily calorie goal?
  • lin7604
    Options
    i am eating as good as i can. Last weekend was off b/c we went out of town and had to eat out for all meal. , i gained and haven't lost it yet. I am up 2.5 lbs for the last 2 weeks... Otherwise i am trying to eat as good as i can and i am eating anywhere from 1400min-1600 cals max. my tdee is 1766. I started only 5 lbs away from my goal, so i know that makes it a lot harder to get results but i thought i would of seen some visible subtle changes at least. I take my pics on friday, so maybe looking at a pic side by side i might seen something, i hope...
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    that sounds like a very low TDEE for the exercise you're doing. How did you calculate that? I recommend the Fitbit. I figure out my TDEE by my Fitbit every day. Love it and it makes me get my steps in every day.
  • lin7604
    Options
    well i went onto scoobys workshop and used lightly active b/c the exercises are only around 30-35 min a day 6 days a week, except that one
    " burn intervals"... so really i am not doing a lot of exercise a day. I am only doing her program and that's it. i am also only 5.2 ft. so the 140--1600 is inbetween lightly active and moderate exercise with a 10% deficit
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well i went onto scoobys workshop and used lightly active b/c the exercises are only around 30-35 min a day 6 days a week, except that one
    " burn intervals"... so really i am not doing a lot of exercise a day. I am only doing her program and that's it. i am also only 5.2 ft. so the 140--1600 is inbetween lightly active and moderate exercise with a 10% deficit

Slightly active is working out up to 3 times a day. Redo it with moderately active.... And then subtract 15-20%
  • lin7604
    Options
    it still gave me around the same. 1465 to 1556.
  • eileenmetz
    eileenmetz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    eat more cals. and make sure youre eating enough protein. muscles need protein to rebuild.
  • lin7604
    Options
    But i shouldn't be going over my maintenance of 1766 as i gain. so i am trying to eat if i am hungry and if not then not...... not just b/c i feel i have cals to eat more cause i will do just that. i struggle with protein unless i eat a protein bar or something to get it up but then i am well over my carbs. I have a issue with carbs being over almost 6 days a week, so i was trying to focus on that and then my protein really drops. today i went way over in carbs and well under protein at only 68 grams. I just can't seem to get it right?
  • eileenmetz
    Options
    Try not to stress - do lean meats (turkey steak turkey burger chicken) and veggies for lunch and dinner. Only whole grain/whole wheat breads. Greek yogurt... Almond milk... Fruits in the morning.... Umm whole wheat pastas. Almonds... Best way is to make sure u have protein every time u eat.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx. i don't do bread, if i do it's a wrap. i need to get in the habit of roasting a chicken on sunday and then dividing it up for lunches all week... if i do pasta it is always whole wheat but i will only eat pasta, potatoes, etc once a week. i find with my calorie allowance it limits me in getting in protein at each meal and keeping it affordable too.... what i have been doing lately was shakeology with almond milk and a banana in it for breakfast. snack later was fresh fruit of some kind except this week i have been having a homemade bran muffin b/c i really needed to get the extra bran/ fiber in... lunch has been a homemade mexican soup, greek yogurt and either cheese or hard boiled egg or veggies ( carrots, snap peas cherry tomatoes), snack in the pm was either fruit again or pickles kinda varies... dinner is different each night, tonight was soft tacos, last night ceaser salad and grilled chicken.... etc that is a idea of my day and it will bring me to min 1400 cals.
  • eileenmetz
    Options
    that doesnt sound bad at all. i always buy a chicken a week and make it on sunday and use it for both lunch and dinner for a few days. if its on sale, ill buy two. i do almond milk in my shake too. the shake never fills me up so i use it right after my workout to give me a protein boost. sometimes ill throw in frozen fruit,. i would just focus alot of eating protein on the strength training days. you want to eat g's in protein equal to your lean body mass. i estimate it and make sure i eat 100 g's of protein per day. if i dont, i find myself thinking im hungry.

one last thing, i only eat sweet potatoes. no regular potatoes and no white flour unless i'm out to dinner or eating pizza (my once a week cheat.) i try to makesure everything has some sort of nutritional value but dont get me wrong i do slip. you have my email, send me an email if youd like and ill send u a huge list of what i eat ect
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I just started LEAN phase and at the beginning of Circuit 1, Chalean gives this really motivating speech at the beginning of the workout about this is where you will see all the changes and to eat clean, and your muscle needs protein, etc. Very good. I love her.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx everyone, i just struggle with getting protein up and carbs down all the time, i can't get it both right at all..... i try so hard to get protein up and i can't seem to get over 80 unless i eat a protein bar.... today so far i am at 80 and i still have 170 cals left,
  • agata44
    agata44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I finished Burn phase today :) Results are not effective, I see tiny drops in waist and hips, weight is almost the same as at the beginning maybe 1 kg less, but my body become more firmed and doest shake so much in every move I take :D
  • lin7604
    Options
    glad to know it's not just me, lol :) Today is picture day and Tomorrow i start PUSH! I measured myself and no changes at all,i did the body fat tester too and i am tossing it out. I never get it in the same place twice and always get different results every time!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    glad to know it's not just me, lol :) Today is picture day and Tomorrow i start PUSH! I measured myself and no changes at all,i did the body fat tester too and i am tossing it out. I never get it in the same place twice and always get different results every time!

I definitely saw changes in BURN, but none in PUSH. I just started LEAN and it's my fav of all of them. It's INTENSE!! I burn over 200 calories on each circuit which I never did in Burn and Push. I sweat a ton too in LEAN. I'm hoping for results in LEAN and I've heard this is where the magic happens.

I hear you on the body fat tester. I don't quite get how it can be effective. Good luck with PUSH!!
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx. i am excited to see what the results will be in the end... hard to wait,lol how did you ever figure out how many cals you burn as i have been told it's hard to know cals while lifting, as you burn more after then during?
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    thx. i am excited to see what the results will be in the end... hard to wait,lol how did you ever figure out how many cals you burn as i have been told it's hard to know cals while lifting, as you burn more after then during?

I use my heart rate monitor. My heart rate goes up in the 130s when I'm doing the leg exercises. It's crazy!!
  • lin7604
    Options
    well i did my pics and i see subtle changes. so a positive thing. they are not huge changes at all but there is something at least. Did my 1st round of PUSH todya and i loved it, so i can't wait to see what the end of this will bring me...
  • agata44
    agata44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    well i did my pics and i see subtle changes. so a positive thing. they are not huge changes at all but there is something at least. Did my 1st round of PUSH todya and i loved it, so i can't wait to see what the end of this will bring me...

i have started the push phase today :) have to admit my glutes and hamstrings are on fire ( I used a 24lbs dumbells) :)