Options
Need2lose456
Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
What was yours like?

Replies

• suzmathew
    suzmathew Posts: 61
    Options
    ok, not as bad as i though it would, but i think im prob going to get a bit bored of doing this as it didnt really 'grab my attention' but as its only 30 mins each day, i betteer stick to it!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    you listened once, maybe turn down the volume of gillian and put on some nice workout music?
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love your idea of putting some music on instead of listening to Jillian, I think that would motivate me more!

My first day was HARD!! But it definitely gets easier the more you do it :)
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    I love your idea of putting some music on instead of listening to Jillian, I think that would motivate me more!

My first day was HARD!! But it definitely gets easier the more you do it :)

NO PAIN, NO GAIN!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Wasn't too bad as I didn't push myself as hard as I could've - got 2hrs of Taekwondo this evening too! Don't want to hurt myself.

Good idea about putting on your own workout music (:

Anyone else using cans of beans as weights? I feel silly but they definitely work!
  • Need2lose456
    Options
    Wasn't too bad as I didn't push myself as hard as I could've - got 2hrs of Taekwondo this evening too! Don't want to hurt myself.

Anyone else using cans of beans as weights? I feel silly but they definitely work!

Im using cans of beans! lol, too lazy to dig into boxes in the garage for weights :)
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options

Im using cans of beans! lol, too lazy to dig into boxes in the garage for weights :)

Haha I don't have any weights at all! I'm a poor student :) haha
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had to stop about 3 times. I can't do the push ups past 10 in a row. I'm using 3 lb weights and my arms and shoulders are already achy. Even though I ran before my pregnancy, I found that the cardio still wears me out a bit in the calves a bit. This work out is tough, no doubt about it!
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This will be my second time of doing the 30DS - it was about this time last year that I completed it and I have to say it was well worth it (monotony and all) I didn't lose a lot of weight maybe a pound or two but the inches I lost was remarkable (I was also going to the gym & taking kickboxing classes at the same time)

If you put some of your own music on it does help as the music in the video is quite cheesy as is the dialogue between Jillian and her helpers.

In conjunction with the 30DS I will be either walking, going to the gym to use the Arc Trainer, or taking Kickboxing classes again - Ill be taking pictures and measurements tonight --- so scary to do that!

Let's get this done / it's only 30 minutes you'll be stronger and more fit for it!
  • megge6537
    megge6537 Posts: 10
    Options
    I did it last night for the first time & the strength sections just about killed me! Wow - am I ever weak!

My smallest weights are 5lbs & I did some of the moves by holding 1 weight in both hands.

It will get easier!
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    how are we logging this in our diary :wink:
  • greeneyedlady02
    greeneyedlady02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did it! I used 4 lb weights throughout...was tempted to switch to 2 lb weights at one point but pushed through so I feel good about that. The jump rope hurts my ankles so I alternate feet and that helps. I took measurements...hoping to lose inches everywhere and hopefully a few pounds as well!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    how are we logging this in our diary :wink:

Get a HRM because MFP will not give you accurate numbers. You need something to measure your heart rate, not assume what you're burning.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I made it through it. I did have to stop the video because I watch it on youtube on my laptop so I had to pause to switch positions and I had to pause a couple times for water and to catch up to them because I was exhausted half way through and couldn't get up and down as fast as they could. I will say that my arms, even though I have decent muscles are definitely out of shape, I could barely do the push ups even on modified and same with the whatever they call it where they lunge to the side and lift your weights up to your chest, ugh. I only have 5 pound weights so I can't switch to a smaller weight. (I don't eat canned beans, only fresh from my garden so I don't have any cans of beans LOL)

I'm really not the sore, granted i did this about 45 minutes ago, my arms are still weak but not shakey and I feel fine otherwise.
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    i was going to start tommoro but im feeling so motivated now that when the wee one goes down and the older one is in bed im going to give it a go tonight :happy: ill let u all know how i get on :flowerforyou:
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 but reading about your first time is making me realise how far you can be a few days on. I ached so much the morning after the first day - I guess that's how you know it's working you hard...but by day 3 I had stopped aching...

I still can't do everything and today I really modified a lot -

My knees have been killing me so, instead of jumping jacks or jogging on the spot (which is what I was doing instead of Jumping Jacks) I got my fitness step out and stepped for the aerobic intervals - I did lateral raises and bicep curls whilst stepping to elevate my heart rate. It worked really well so I do recommend it if you aren't up to jumping...

When she does the flys on the ground and then stands up and does the side lunges (I think) I stay on the floor and do some chest presses. My weights are heavy - 5K (nearly 7 lbs) so it's still hard work but I found all that getting up and laying down really hard on my knees and, to be fair...I can't do many of those lateral raises and the lunges kill my knees...

Anyway....I've lost a good few inches off my waist already so do keep going - it really is worth it :)
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It kicked my butt. I did a 1 hour workout at the gym then came home and did this. It was tougher than the workout. I'm really out of shape. I had to pause it a few times but I made it through.
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    Yay i have done it !! :smile: Day one down it was tough but i feel great after doing it who knows what ill feel like in the morning :sad: bring on day 2 !!
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    I had to stop about 3 times. I can't do the push ups past 10 in a row. I'm using 3 lb weights and my arms and shoulders are already achy. Even though I ran before my pregnancy, I found that the cardio still wears me out a bit in the calves a bit. This work out is tough, no doubt about it!
    i ran before my pregnancy to and did a lot of stuff in the house every day and i felt it in my calves to which i have never experienced before i wonder if its a after pregnancy thing ?? :smile: