DAILY WORKOUTS...

Options

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did 30 mins of yoga this morning and will be walking w/ coworkers on our breaks. Going to attempt to put together some commercial break exercises during tv time tonight. any ideas would be helpful! thanks!

Number of things you can do... planks, hold for duration of one commercial, rest next commercial do another one...
    triceps dips off edge of couch, squats, lunges, jumping jacks...
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Today and tomorrow are rest days for me because I have a half marathon on Saturday. What's everyone doing for their workouts today though? I thought about just working on my abs at home tonight. I figured it can't hurt to bust out some crunches and planks before bed.
  • josiereside
    Options
    Today and tomorrow are rest days for me because I have a half marathon on Saturday. What's everyone doing for their workouts today though? I thought about just working on my abs at home tonight. I figured it can't hurt to bust out some crunches and planks before bed.

Good luck on your half!!! What is the name of your half?? I hope to be able to run halves again but not sure if my knee will cooperate... just hoping to get through a 5K at this point and will see in 2 weeks how that goes!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a good time with your half, srcardinal!

Today was a pool day, which I love.

30 mins of breast stroke (1000 m)
    15 mins of butterfly (mostly butterfly drills, trying to smooth out the stroke so I don't feel like an inchworm flopping down the lane!)
  • josiereside
    Options
    TGIF! Today is my last Jillian Ripped in 30 workout!!! My 30 days took about 45 or so as I alternated it with running days! Looking forward to starting something new. Also will be getting in my mile or so dog walk!
    It does not really count towards exercise but I am doing the winter to summer clothes transition and getting rid of stuff and also will probably will be cleaning if I have time. I have the day off work since I work tomorrow!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Walking to/from the car today at school, and around the lab for the final - total of a measly 29 minutes. At least it will get better from here!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every day in May I am aiming to do:

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
    20 minutes of walking minimum
  • josiereside
    Options
    Today is Week 6 Day 3 of C25K plus dog walk, minimal stretching before after run... Working a 9 hour shift today but that just involves sitting on my *kitten*! :ohwell:
  • josiereside
    Options
    Today is a bit of a rest day meaning no structured workout... but planning on taking the dog for a good hike and maybe some stretching.
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Today I did Couch25k Week 3 day 3, I will also be starting level 2 of the 30 Day shred. Probably need to get some yard work done today as well!!!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 2 of lousy exercise (thank you finals week!) - a grand total of 10 minutes walking!
  • josiereside
    Options
    Today starts my lower body transformation! Brazil Butt Lift!!! Bum Bum is the first workout... Going to try and do some upper body exercises too..
  • fitOsaurus_Rex_we_changed
    Options
    Ho-ing it up after work today with Cassey Ho! Today is arm and abs with her. I also walked 2.15 miles at lunch and did my daily squat challenge of 75 squats. Feeling like I'm starting this week off with a BANG!
  • josiereside
    Options
    Today is a run day for me C25K week 7 day 1! Boy though am I ever sore from my workout yesterday!! Definitely feeling my bum bum after doing the Bum Bum workout yesterday!
  • josiereside
    Options
    After my late night and cocktails, I certainly did not feel like doing my workout but got 'er done! Brazil Butt Lift Cardio Axe and Tummy Tuck - plus the usual dog walk! Bed early tonight!!
  • josiereside
    Options
    Got my workouts in over the weekend... C25K Saturday, Sunday was Brazil Butt lift sculpt plus took dog for hike. Today was week 8, day 1 of C25K!
  • Jewels_in_the_rough
    Jewels_in_the_rough Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 60 minutes a day either running outside or on the elliptical. I've been doing this for a week, but I think I'm going to call today a rest day, as I'm not feeling to well, and am unusually tired. But I'm happy with the progress I have been making in terms of commitment.
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today, I ran my usual mile and then did the Zombies Run! 5k training. Then walked// ran a bit more for a total of 6.66 miles. Not too much but not bad. :)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    With a new knee brace for the worst flaky knee, I decided to hit the weight room again to see how things held up. I was astonished at the results!

Increase in reps for ALL exercises at or a little above the last weights I had been using except:
    Leg press - keep that one down under weight due to knee problems, but boosted the reps, and BOY did I feel the BURN!
    Inclined bench - I would have upped the weight, but since everything else was upping in reps, decided to go that route on these as well. Especially since I didn't have a spotter - don't know where our floor person disappeared to, and everyone else was involved in their own workout group. (I'm brave enough to ask for a spotter, but when everyone is super busy, I back off and try not to interrupt.) Even so, I STILL pushed the "working" weight from last time through all of the reps! (And, the arms are talking about me in nasty tones tonight, too!)
  • josiereside
    Options
    With a new knee brace for the worst flaky knee, I decided to hit the weight room again to see how things held up. I was astonished at the results!

Increase in reps for ALL exercises at or a little above the last weights I had been using except:
    Leg press - keep that one down under weight due to knee problems, but boosted the reps, and BOY did I feel the BURN!
    Inclined bench - I would have upped the weight, but since everything else was upping in reps, decided to go that route on these as well. Especially since I didn't have a spotter - don't know where our floor person disappeared to, and everyone else was involved in their own workout group. (I'm brave enough to ask for a spotter, but when everyone is super busy, I back off and try not to interrupt.) Even so, I STILL pushed the "working" weight from last time through all of the reps! (And, the arms are talking about me in nasty tones tonight, too!)

What kind of knee brace are you using?? I have knee arthritis and was thinking of trying one to help with when I run..