Fortnightly Weigh ins

Options
Or roughly fortnightly...my thinking as we don't have too much to go, weekly would be a bit too frequent because we're likely not going to be losing many lbs each week!

Today for me: 123 lbs (goal 112)
11 to go!

Replies

• wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My last weigh in on the weekend was 173.5 (I'm 5'11"). I've been retaining water like crazy from doing the 30DS. Usually I weigh every day because I'm impatient, but I think I'm going to try to only weigh once a week so I don't get discouraged. lol
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    My last weigh in on the weekend was 173.5 (I'm 5'11"). I've been retaining water like crazy from doing the 30DS. Usually I weigh every day because I'm impatient, but I think I'm going to try to only weigh once a week so I don't get discouraged. lol

I've been considering (with apprehension) having a go at the 30DS...how're you finding it? (and also ever so slightly jealous of your height...ah, to have long legs! hehe)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday at 175.2 and am also 5'11''. I usually weigh in on Thursdays, but am also trying to weigh in most days just to stay on track.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    My last weigh-in was May 5th at 136 lbs. I'm borrowing somebody else's scale, so weighing in every other week or so is good for me.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My last weigh in was Thursday, May 2nd. 127.4 lbs. I'm 5'5'' and shooting for 115 lbs at the moment. Will re-evaluate if need be when I get there.
  • rljohnsufl
    rljohnsufl Posts: 48
    Options
    My last weigh-in was 123.4 lbs, on May 5. I'd like to be at 115, but 120 may work too.
  • HulaHoopQueen
    HulaHoopQueen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My last WI was yesterday, 152.0 pounds. I weigh daily, but only record it once per week. I'm 5'6" and want to weigh about 140, so 12 more left.
  • zahraa08
    zahraa08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'3 @ 138lbs
    Goal 130 or less
    Now the problem I think is water retention...so scale goes to 137 at times and jumps back to 139.2?!?
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I've been considering (with apprehension) having a go at the 30DS...how're you finding it? (and also ever so slightly jealous of your height...ah, to have long legs! hehe)

Great for building muscle so far, not necessarily great for the scale. lol I think it's really too early to tell right now, but I can update on my progress at the end of the month. :) I'm hoping it'll really help boost my metabolism for the summer though.

Height is nice, but it's also means I have to lose 20lbs for anyone to notice a change at all instead of 5lbs.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i weighed in this morning at 153 lbs. SO BUMMED. fortnight is 20 days if i remember correctly, w/o googling lol
  • yoshna
    Options
    i weighed in this morning at 153 lbs. SO BUMMED. fortnight is 20 days if i remember correctly, w/o googling lol
    Is fortnight a UK thing?! I never knew! It's two weeks - 14 days :)
  • stealthq
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 134. Somehow I lost 2 lbs. in a week. And it's not some weird scale thing, I lost another 1/2" off of my waist, too.

*scratches head*

I'm eating at a deficit, but not THAT big of a deficit. I should (theoretically) be losing at or a little less than a lb a week. Something's wrong somewhere. Am I underestimating my TDEE, or overestimating my intake? I do weigh/measure all food except weekend restaurant meals. Or is it both? I'm happy about the loss, don't get me wrong, but I don't really want to lose fast now at the expense of stalling out in another couple of weeks. I'd rather have slow but steady progress if I can manage it.

Think I'll wait to see what happens this next week and if I still lose more than I expect, I guess I need to eat more.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welllll, the darn scale didn't budge this week. Despite my efforts to lower carbs and increase protein, still stalled out. I really wanted to see at least 1 lb. disappear this week. On to the next week, I suppose.

Oh and by the way, I really hate when MFP tells me I'll weigh 132 in 5 weeks! Hey! I want to weight 132 by May 31st. Waaah! :sad: We will see, MFP, we will see...

My chin is up and my fridge is stocked for the week. Best wishes to all of you for a productive, goal-reaching week!
  • HulaHoopQueen
    HulaHoopQueen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning, down .6, for a current weight of 151.4. So, 11.4 pounds until I reach my goal! :happy:
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My scale is all over the place. Yesterday I was 129.8 and this morning I was 131.2. I have been fluctuating in that range for 2 months. So frustrated.
  • yoshna
    Options
    Couldn't bring myself to weigh in this week after a few days very much off-track...getting back on it next week instead! :(
  • sarahg148
    Options
    As of today I am EXACTLY the same as I was over two weeks ago!!! 175.2!!! I think it'll be less tomorrow...but I guess I'll see!!!
  • sarahg148
    Options
    Fortnight is 14 days...
  • stealthq
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday at 134 lbs again, so still losing at 1 lb./wk. Figure I'll keep on keeping on.
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    133lbs today. Back on track after a couple really terrible weeks and gaining a couple pounds. I'm thrilled to be here! One more pound and I'll be at a healthy BMI. I can't wait till I'm in the 120's! 8 more pounds until goal weight!