Newbies???

Options

Replies

• jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Can I join??? I've tried the 30ds probably 10 times! And I never make it more than 7-9 days. The last few times, only 4days :( I'd like to start tonight... I'm really hoping to.. But I had a stomach bug last night and it's still hanging on. I have about 5 weeks (maybe a little more) to lose a bunch of weight/slim down. Here's my stats now.. :embarassed:
    37.5" Stomach
    39.75" Butt/hips
    32.25" Waist
    22.75" Lt thigh

According to wii fit... I weigh 127# I started at 155 (after having my last baby) and I'd ultimately like to be 115 tops.
  • Kphenderson
    Kphenderson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Keyona. I'm looking to stick to it this entire 30 days. I have a wedding this saturday and I don't want that to hinder me from working out so my goal is to do it that morning. I've tried the 30 day shred before and got through about 10 days of it. This time I'm combining it with clean eating and some cardio.Anyway these are my measurments, I got a friend to do them so I'm not sure how accurate they are and I had on jogging pants.

Current Weight:175
    bust- 38.5
    hips- 42.5
    thighs- 39.5(together)
    Arms: 13

Feel free to add me, and best wishes to you all!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to be starting tomorrow, and I was glad to find this group! I will take my measurements tomorrow morning. I completed the Shred 2 years ago in 37 days, and I loved the results I had with it, and I want to push myself through it again. I've almost completed it an additional 2 times, but haven't had the same motivation that I had when I first did it. My biggest hope is that it will get me motivated to workout again, like it did 2 years ago.
  • ladyIcan
    ladyIcan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started today - my DVD arrived just in time! I moved to a different state within the last month and decided it was a great time to make lasting and positive changes in my life, especially as far as relationships with diet and exercise are concerned! I lost almost 15 lbs since the beginning of the year, but I had a few setbacks. I would like to lose another 40 or so (ideally probably more than that, but that will get me into the healthy weight range...) I have not made smaller goals yet and I am not sure how much I could realisticly expect to lose with 30 DS. I guess I would be happy with 10 or more, but I really want to feel better and get smaller. The number that the scale shows is secondary.

Feel free to add me as a friend, especially if you would like to peek into my diary. I sometimes find it hard to remember to post on the forums and visit groups. But, I am a good friend and I try to be supportive! I will do my best to check in, though, at least a few times per week and post on the forum.

Happy Shredding!
  • Jlose50
    Jlose50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello I'm jackie I did the workout a couple of times last week and it was hard.
    The jumping jacks And butt kick kicked mine.... Well they tried because I could
    Not do them :) I did again today and it was a bit easier... I also did some strength
    At gym.
    Pls feel free to add me as I will be needing lots of motivation and will really be thankful

SW 196
    CW 196
    GW 146

I don't have a measurements but will post soon.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all you lovely newbies! We look forward to sharing our journeys with you and can't wait to share the support, motivation and occasional venting! :happy:
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Vicky and I completed day 3 last night. My thighs are still a little sore from day 1. It was either that or the jumping sumo squats on the power plates on Monday :-S

SW: 196
    CW: 175
    GW: 150

Good luck everyone and stick with it, I know it's going to be worth it!

27 days to go and counting :-)
  • MarizanneH
    MarizanneH Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Marizanne and I will be starting the challenge today. I only heard about this today for the first time, and I'm very keen to start! We are going on an overseas trip on 28 June, and I'd LOVE to look much better by then!

Height: 1.68 m

SW: 174
    CW: 165
    GW: 143

I am looking forward to having the support of the group and seeing how the rest of you are doing on this challenge.

Good luck!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi. Started yesterday. I did it last year and it really helped me get on track.
    SW: 165
    CW: 145
    GW: 120-125
    Just have to remember- it is only a 30day commitment. We got this!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, a bit about me, I joined this site last year and for reasons I don't know, I forgot all about it!
    Anyway last year I lost 42lbs on my own in 6 months, now I find myself at a plateau, I have been really lazy through the winter and too much comfort food, however I have not put any weight on at all so I am pleased about that.
    Found my account here again and started using it 12th May, hoping to find motivation to get through the 30DS and lose the last 28 lbs that I want to lose. ( I may want to lose an extra ten though after I get down another 28lb but we'll see)
    I started 30DS last night (may 13th) I found it ok but had to stop twice, using hubby's weights that are 4lb each and my arms are soo sore this morning, feeling it in my legs and butt as well but my abs are not really aching that much.
    My stats:
    C/W 192
    G/W 164 maybe 154!
    my height is 5' 10"
    I have a lot to tone as I have a mum tum and that won't budge so hoping for some good results with 30DS, going to try hard to stick with it, despite the pain I shall no doubt feel as time goes by.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started eating healthier in late January but didn't get serious until about three weeks ago when I got on MFP and joined a gym. I weighed 179 on 1/29/2013 and am 163 today but I look the same as far as being out of shape, just smaller. I honestly don't care what I weigh as long as it looks good and is healthy weight. If that means lose 40 or gain 90 pounds, so be it. I'm 5'9".
  • natski_83
    natski_83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been tracking through MFP on and off for a while but have decided that really, there is no time like the present to get it together. I used to attend a bootcamp but had to quit because it was a lot of money each month, and I wasn't seeing the results. Probably because I would continue eating unhealthy foods.

Height - 5' 10"
    SW - 218
    CW - 211
    GW - 170

8 years ago I was 170 and since then, it's been down hill. Hopefully this will get me going again.
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Amanda. I started my weight loss journey last July weighing in at 183 lbs. I'm currently at 125.5. My original goal weight is 120, but I may adjust that when I get to 120. I'm the size I want to be, just still have plenty of toning to do!! I did the 30 day shred last September/October and had great results so I'm giving it another go because I have a trip coming up soon!! Good luck to all of you! Don't give up...30DS is well worth the sweat and tears!! ;)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Took my measurements this morning, and don't expect to lose much weight, but CW: 172.8
  • faemisamis
    faemisamis Posts: 11
    Options
    I just started level 1 today. I've been sedentary all winter, but I need to get in shape for a family vacation at the end of July. I've done 30DS in fits and starts before...I don't remember being this out of breath!

CW: 140
    GW: 115
    BMI: 26.4
  • haliebest
    haliebest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on Monday, as well... I've lost 24 pounds since January- but find myself at a plateau. I'm loving 30DS so far. I've been doing it in the morning before work- great way to jumpstart my day
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    Good Morning :) My name is Tanya and I would like to join :happy: I started the 30DS on Monday as well. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully we can all push each other through this work out :tongue:

SW: 174
    BMI: 31.8
    GW: 120 -115
  • lillyhkm
    lillyhkm Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lilly! I'm desperately trying to lose the last 20 lbs and tone up, but the scale and my measurements haven't budged in about three months. I have hypothyroidism and fibroids, so I guess I have to work harder than some. If anyone else is suffering from hypothyroidism, Cynthia Sass (Flat Belly Diet nutritionist) said to increase protein consumption and reduce carbs a little to help with weight loss problems due to the condition. I just started that change so I can't say if it works yet!

S/W: 120
    C/W: 120
    G/W: 100

waist: 30"
    hips: 37"
    bust: 37"
    thigh: 21.5"

When I was 16 lbs heavier, I had the exact same measurements. I'm about ready to scream, cry, an give up with frustration! I feel like I work my butt off, but clearly, my butt is not going anywhere. :( Anyway, nice to meet you!

p.s. I'm on day 7 of 30DS Level 1.
  • lillyhkm
    lillyhkm Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, a bit about me, I joined this site last year and for reasons I don't know, I forgot all about it!
    Anyway last year I lost 42lbs on my own in 6 months, now I find myself at a plateau, I have been really lazy through the winter and too much comfort food, however I have not put any weight on at all so I am pleased about that.
    Found my account here again and started using it 12th May, hoping to find motivation to get through the 30DS and lose the last 28 lbs that I want to lose. ( I may want to lose an extra ten though after I get down another 28lb but we'll see)
    I started 30DS last night (may 13th) I found it ok but had to stop twice, using hubby's weights that are 4lb each and my arms are soo sore this morning, feeling it in my legs and butt as well but my abs are not really aching that much.
    My stats:
    C/W 192
    G/W 164 maybe 154!
    my height is 5' 10"
    I have a lot to tone as I have a mum tum and that won't budge so hoping for some good results with 30DS, going to try hard to stick with it, despite the pain I shall no doubt feel as time goes by.

If you have cans of diet soda or veggies in the house, use them instead of the 4 lb weights until your arms get stronger. Good luck overcoming your plateau! (I've hit one, too...) :)
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My stats:
    C/W 192
    G/W 164 maybe 154!
    my height is 5' 10"

If you have cans of diet soda or veggies in the house, use them instead of the 4 lb weights until your arms get stronger. Good luck overcoming your plateau! (I've hit one, too...) :)

Thanks for that tip, I have used cans of baked beans for day 3 today and they were a bit better, weighed myself this morning and have lost 1 lb since I weighed on Sunday 12th, water weight loss, I know, but still a good start considering that I haven't lost anything for so long!!
    Day 3 today was the hardest yet as I was still burning from day 2 yesterday but pushed through the burn only stopped twice so not bad, can't do the push up's though as I have carpal tunnel in both wrists so I have had to modify them even more, I am sure that I shall find a better way of doing them eventually, really great to have the motivation of everyone here it keeps me sane!