Level 1, Day 2

Options

Replies

• cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options

"How was the burn in your arms with the raised squats? though i was gonna die!"
    [/quote]

It was not nearly as terrible as yesterday!! but yesterday my arms were so shakey I couldn't use them for an hour. so maybe tomorrow I will actually use a weight, lol.

Today went much better than yesterday to my surprise. my arms and lower back were sore. but it seems like it went by much faster and a tiny bit easier than it did yesterday.

I pushed just a teeny bit harder on the bicycle crunches and squats today since my abs and legs were only a little hurty.
    [/quote]

yeah those raised squats really kill the arms mine are shaking when it comes to those last few but thats when we know its working :wink:
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im getting ready to do day 2 :smile: the inside of my thighs are sore and my butt :laugh: will see how i go today with the ab stuff i had a c section 7 weeks ago so need to keep an eye on the scar doctor said its fine to excersise though ... any one have any thoughts would it still work if i maybe did the abs every second day ?? and just did normal crunches on the others im feeling really motivated so dont want to give up and i have not felt any pain in my scar area so im sure its all good but just looking for some feedback thanks guys :flowerforyou:

I think you should take it easy! 7 weeks is still healing. I read jilian said in a podcast that ideally this program would have 2 days shred, one day rest for muscles, but the marketers needed to sell the 30 days angle.

definitely keep working your abs out gently --because it will help your muscles heal and retrain their shape flat from the start. but 2 days on and one off would probably be a good idea for a recent surgery.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Went to Physio today for my knee, he suggests that i also do 2/3 days shred, 1 day rest, so im gonna do 3 days shred, 1 day rest.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just finished this morning. My arms were super shaky for the last set of the strength training and my thighs were burning. But I also ran 3 miles yesterday, so I'm sure that contributed to the aches. I feel great though! Might fit in a run tonight, if my legs don't give out!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 done!! My arms are pretty sore! They were this morning when I got up but I pushed through!! :)
  • VandaRee
    VandaRee Posts: 8
    Options
    Did anyone else find day 2 more difficult than day 1? Sheesh...I wonder when it will get easier. Also, for some reason yesterday and today the jumping jacks during the warm up were a no go but when I do the jumping jacks after I have been doing the workout video they are fine...I wonder if I should do the video after I've been up and moving for awhile to get those in. My legs just wont move when I try doing them with the warm up lol
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone im going to listen to my body and if i feel anything a bit out of place will stop :smile: i love to excersise and have been so excited to be able to do it again so i dont want to blow it at the first week and not be able to do anything for weeks and also i obviously dont want to injure myself.

Im loving how motivated we all are and keeping each other going we can all do this together !! :heart: :heart:
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else find day 2 more difficult than day 1? Sheesh...I wonder when it will get easier. Also, for some reason yesterday and today the jumping jacks during the warm up were a no go but when I do the jumping jacks after I have been doing the workout video they are fine...I wonder if I should do the video after I've been up and moving for awhile to get those in. My legs just wont move when I try doing them with the warm up lol

I think it gets easier after the 4th or 5th day. And the warm up is fairly quick with not enough stretching, so some people do find that they need to do a bit more, before and after the shred. Listen to your body. Because JM says "NO INJURIES!"
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    my sides are sore (below my armpit) from trying to do pushups with my weak arms.

Me too!!
  • cazzamartinek
    Options

I think it gets easier after the 4th or 5th day. And the warm up is fairly quick with not enough stretching, so some people do find that they need to do a bit more, before and after the shred. Listen to your body. Because JM says "NO INJURIES!"

i always do a little bit extra stretching after cause i dont feel she does a long enough cool down :smile:
  • cazzamartinek
    Options
    Does anyone else find jillian and here best girls irritating ??? and the music is driving me crazy :laugh: think i might put it on mute and play my own music when im sure what im doing and dont have to listen to what she is saying or i might end up throwing something at the tv :laugh: :laugh:
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Stretching after, like yoga would be great but there are new studies that show stretching before can cause more injuries than not stretching before. I don't stretch before I run either, I know some people think that's stupid but it works for me. Listen to your body, if you need a break, take a break. I take 3 breaks for water and breathing, one after each set of strength.

I've read that some people take breaks in between the 10 days and some go straight through. I honestly am not sore enough to take a break so I'm probably going to go 10 days straight, but if I decide to take a break I'll still hit the gym and have a workout.

The only things I have trouble with are the push ups and the lateral raises, everything else is almost too easy for me. You can't tell if you look at my pictures but I actually have a really strong core (just under some fat) and strong thighs, (I used to dance--I kick like a mule I've been told) and I'm taking a 30 day squat challenge to help tone up the thighs which is probably why I don't feel pain in my thighs like some of you are talking about. The only pain I'm having is from the push ups and it's not that I can't do them, it's that I can't do them as fast as they can.

Overall, day 2 was faster for me than day 1 but I wouldn't say it was any easier although i pushed myself harder.

ETA: I hate jillian michaels and her "girls" with a passion. Well hate's a strong word, but I strongly dislike them, but the fact that she gets results keeps me using her. Although I can't mute because I'll get too distracted by dancing and singing to my own music that I wont do the workout LOL
  • greeneyedlady02
    greeneyedlady02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Done. The anterior lunges with lateral raises we're making my arms tremble, I did a couple of the lunges without the raises but got back into it. I love how fast the workouts are, but I feel like I need to do extra afterward! I think I am going to work in "rest" days where I just do cardio.
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I thought that Day 2 went a lot more quickly than Day1!! However, my shoulder and arms were so sore when I woke up! I was able to push through it until the last round of strength when you do the side squats and arms lifts, I had to do them without weights. Does anyone have shoulder stretches that they recommend? I'm not getting a good enough stretch from the ones she gives you.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just finished. It was easier than yesterday but that's not saying much. I am soaked in sweat and had to rest during it but it only took 32 minutes to get through it today. I think it was about 50 yesterday.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I thought that Day 2 went a lot more quickly than Day1!! However, my shoulder and arms were so sore when I woke up! I was able to push through it until the last round of strength when you do the side squats and arms lifts, I had to do them without weights. Does anyone have shoulder stretches that they recommend? I'm not getting a good enough stretch from the ones she gives you.

I'd like to hear this too--my arms, area under arm pits, and shoulders are killing me!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    my sides are sore (below my armpit) from trying to do pushups with my weak arms.
    Just imagine how much better your bra band will sit there from burning that fat off! :smile:
    That's a good point!! My before and after pics from my first round of the Shred showed crazy changes in terms of how my back looked. It was so much leaner! Take before pics if you haven't already! You will be glad you did.
  • Noenvynofear
    Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    day 2 was far more difficult. I hope I don't give up!
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done, I now feel as though I need to curl up and die! I hurt all over, much worse than day 1.
    I have trouble with the push up's, as I have carpel tunnel in my wrists and find them hard to do, as there is to much pressure on my wrists so not sure what to do about that yet, trying to work on a solution, if anyone has any ideas then they will be gratefully received! :)
    Pleased though at how I got through it despite that and only stopped once, bring on day 3!!
  • suzmathew
    suzmathew Posts: 61
    Options
    Ok, I didn't get to do day 2 today :-(. But, I have just done an intense circuit training / boxing workout for the last hour. I do feel a bit Barford not getting day 2 done, but I'll get back on it tomorrow, I promise! Now I just want my bed! How did you all vet on with day 2?