C25K ~ Week 1, Day 1 ...here I go!

Options

Replies

• minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY @Myscza!!! You'll do just fine tomorrow, if I can do it, you Miss Army-tough-chic can too!! :wink:

If you'd like, you can add me...I'll try and help with the motivation :flowerforyou: & GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!
  • Myscza
    Myscza Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you! I like your cheerleading outfit! LOLOLOLOL
  • ttoomey27
    ttoomey27 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    W2D1 tonight. Nervous but very excited!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Today is Week 1 Day 2 for me. One problem tho......I just started using the C25K app on my iphone. When I let the phone go to sleep, I no longer hear the voice telling me when to switch intervals. What am I doing wrong? Help?
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yay!! You'll have to let us know how it goes @ttoomey27!!

I did W2D2 today and feel like I'm so close to running out of steam by the time its time to walk again, uff da! but, I do make it!! I feel so good doing this, I haven't noticed a difference on the scale yet :ohwell: but my body feels different....my clothes are fitting just a bit better, I can actually FEEL my muscles working throughout the day and I really do feel like I have a bit more energy!!

Anyone else feel or see any changes happening already???
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I started doing this yesterday on the treadmill. I've been walking outside and the last week or so I'd do two short one minute jogs, preferably when no one was around. Finally started it yesterday on the treadmill. It's definitely much easier there. Did the same today, may try Day 3 back outside. I'm doing better with the breathing and carrying all the extra weight than I thought. My shins hurt. I'd gotten fit for running shoes recently and they're definitely better than what I used to wear. I also got shin splint compression stockings to try. Of course I left the house today without them.

I'm excited that I'm making it through these sessions. I didn't think I would. I probably won't stick to the 9 week timetable, my night shift work schedule makes it hard to plan things, but there's no rush, right?
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I have been looking at this program for over five years, and this week just decided to throw myself into it. I just finished week 1. My legs are burning a little bit. I have not made any plans to do a marathon at this time. I wound up doing a mile and a half on day 1 and 2, (measured the route using my car). Day 3 however was done on a inside track.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kar and Charlene! Getting started is the biggest milestone and you knocked it out of the park!
  • ttoomey27
    Options
    Today is Week 1 Day 2 for me. One problem tho......I just started using the C25K app on my iphone. When I let the phone go to sleep, I no longer hear the voice telling me when to switch intervals. What am I doing wrong? Help?

I am a Droid girl so I'm no iPhone expert. But my recommendation would be to change your phone settings to never sleep before heading out for your runs. Then you can always change it back when you're done.

W2D1 was mostly a piece of cake. I had some cramping in my left calf muscle which I had to pause and shake out, but other than it was golden. I did slow down my walking and my jogging per Vardaeml's advice and that helped tremendously. I honestly did not want to stop when the 31 minutes was up. But everyone always says how important it is to not push it, so I didn't.

I am already seeing changes in my body. And my sweet sweet husband says that my legs are getting smaller. Partially attributed to the fact that I am also doing the 30 day squat challenge, I'm sure.

I just want to run all the time!
  • KatieD060982
    KatieD060982 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Week 1 Day 3 for me. I would love to have more C25K friends. I've never run for exercise in my life before this. But I'm trying! To the OP, I get pretty winded running for the 60 seconds too, hang in there!!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    W1D1 for me... today! I'm even determined to go with it raining outside! Would love to have some C25K pals, so feel free to friend.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The OP is now kicking butt and taking numbers. You will be soon too. Congratulations, RiverSong and Katie for getting started!
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Hmmm... my iPhone is ok because I've downloaded a podcast APP, then downloaded podcasts for my runs into that ...sorry don't know the answer if you are sticking with your running APP :smile:
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! I just did W2D3 today so I'm not too far ahead of you. We can do this!! Love it!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's great to see so many more people starting here! Tomorrow is my last day of week 2, and it doesn't even feel like it's been that long. You'll all soon been surprising yourselves with just how much you can do. And, dare I say it...you might just find yourselves looking forward to those runs.
  • ttoomey27
    Options
    I will be doing W3D1 tomorrow. Just took a peak at the workout. Jogging for 3 minutes?!!? Am I ready for this?!
    "Trust the process. Trust the process. Trust the process."
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I will be doing W3D1 tomorrow. Just took a peak at the workout. Jogging for 3 minutes?!!? Am I ready for this?!
    "Trust the process. Trust the process. Trust the process."
    Exactly what I'm telling myself, too! I already have a plan to run down the shadiest possible path. I scoped it out on my walk yesterday. It's a nice, long boardwalk out in the woods. If I run there and get out early, I'm hoping to survive the dreaded three minutes. Good luck to you!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just did W3D1 and I was in the same mind frame. I struggled last week jogging a minute and a half all three days, and thought I'd really struggle doing twice that this week. It WAS hard, but I was able to do it :) The good thing is you only have to get through it twice!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    W1D1 for me today... going to have to start C25k completely indoors/on the treadmill because it is the height of allergy season for me. I think this should be a relatively easy day for me. I've done/started C25k many times before, but I always wind up giving up on W5D3. Something about 20 minutes at a time just seems impossible to me.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    Just did week 7 day 3 last night. I had to walk for about 30 seconds when i got about 2/3 in, but then I added an extra minute of jogging onto the end to make up for it. Can't believe I jogged 25 minutes and on a hilly path.

I just wanted to add that I struggled at every step of the way. I barely made it through the 1 1/2 minute jogs the first time I did them, but I made it through. When I got to the 3 minutes, I thought "you have got to be kidding me" but I made it through. Then came the 5 minuites, the 8 minutes and the "dreaded" 20 minutes. Let me tell you what a feeling of accomplishment getting through that 20 minutes was. A lot of it is mental. Just keep remining yourself you are strong enough to do this and you have prepared yourself enough to do this. I also know when I feel like crud and like my legs are going to give out, I will tell myself just a little longer. I usually pick an object in the distance to get to and by the time I reach that point my body feels better, my stride feels better and I want to keep going.