The least fun part of 30DS level 1 is .....

Options
vstraughan
vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
Butt kicks. If we were married, I'd ask for a divorce. If they were my neighbours, I'd move. Seriously, my knees are held together with chewing gum and bits of string as it is.

@ butt kicks .... you are evil and you suck.

Replies

• lovingmyreflection
    Options
    The side squats with arm raises. I had to do it without the weights because I felt like my arms were going to fall off with them being so sore from yesterday! Hopefully I can finish them with the weights pretty soon!
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Male Pushups. I never get them correctly.
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    the star jumps....not fun with very bad knees. replace them with high knee jogging. :-(
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Jump rope.

I could do jump rope on its own maybe, but following jumping jacks is excruciating. And then you have to do more....
  • vstraughan
    Options
    UGH!!! to jump rope. Trying knee straps tonight to see if I can get through those and butt kicks, else I'll have to replace them with something else. Weirdly I don't have issues with jumping jacks *confused*

Anyone else considering replacing the bits that you struggle with the most?
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! to jump rope. Trying knee straps tonight to see if I can get through those and butt kicks, else I'll have to replace them with something else. Weirdly I don't have issues with jumping jacks *confused*

Anyone else considering replacing the bits that you struggle with the most?

I just try to do it as best possibly before i feel like my knees will give in! Physio advised me to do 2/3 days shred, 1 day rest, he says your body needs that recovery time. Think i should also use knee support tonight and see how it goes! if i do 10 days and feel like im still not ok, then i'll repeat level 1! im not worried about how long it takes, i just want to make sure i see results and can do the exercises properly! you need to strengthen the muscles around the knee so that they provide good support, physion has given me 4 exercises to do daily, let me know if you want to try them?
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Push ups. I hate push ups. I just can't do push up! Now, I do them half way, cause I can't go all the way down. Luckily, it's at the beginning of the programme so after a few minutes push ups are done!
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im late getting in here was supposed to start on Monday but was a bit unwell all week so here I go now!!!!!Wish me luck!This is murder!!!!lol
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Im late getting in here was supposed to start on Monday but was a bit unwell all week so here I go now!!!!!Wish me luck!This is murder!!!!lol

All the best, you know you can do!!!! i think we should actually change the group name, take out the date so it can be more of a continuous thing! what do you guy think?
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The first circuit always kills me !! especially those star jumps feel like im going to die for the first 5 minutes :sad: but by the last 5 minutes im like yeah i can do this !!! think its cause i know im nearly done, have a great day everyone xx
  • ejp123
    ejp123 Posts: 10
    Options
    Anything with weights!! Except I'm only using cans of soup and STILL struggle!!! My arm muscles are stringy at best :D
  • lillyhkm
    lillyhkm Posts: 6
    Options
    Push ups are the worst for me with my weak scrawny arms, followed by the lateral lift part of the side lunges (weak arms again), and ending with the final set of jumping jacks which just kill my back! Otherwise, I'm enjoying the workout! (Wish I was seeing results, though..)
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Lateral lunges with arm raises. Go eff yourself. Seriously.

I can do the push ups actually better not modified, but I can't do as many but my form is better and it's easier on my knees.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Endurance. I feel like my lungs are gonna fall out when I do this. My cardiovascular system needs to get in shape and that's one reason I'm doing this.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    The side squats with arm raises. I had to do it without the weights because I felt like my arms were going to fall off with them being so sore from yesterday! Hopefully I can finish them with the weights pretty soon!

Ditto!!! This is when I always want to quit. smh. But I know its the last circuit so I push through the pain.Lol
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I HATE the unmodified push ups. I guess my upper body is very weak. The arm raises KILL me and I need to take frequent breaks. My legs are my strongest point, and while my core isn't super strong, it does better than my arms.
  • Urvi8
    Urvi8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so many to choose from

anterior raises
    lunges
    push ups

they can all kiss my *kitten*
    like those butt kicks do
  • vstraughan
    Options
    All at once ....
    *LOL*
    Awww :-(
    YES!!!

Now I know I'm not alone, just as none of you are either!

Very cathartic!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have a hard time with the pushups even doing them from my knees. I try to push through them but by the end of each set, I am pretty sure my butt starts sticking up in the air a little more with each rep.

On the squat with shoulder press I can really feel it in my shoulders. I am used to doing regular squats though so don't feel those nearly as much.

On the lunges with bicep curls, I can really start to feel it about 15 reps in. After 20 reps, I feel like I am going to die.

Oddly enough, the side lunges I am fine with (although I did end up moving down to 1 pound weights). Maybe I'm not doing those ones right haha.

I watched level 2 today just to see what it was going to be and omg. I want to at least be able to do a regular push up before I move on.
  • brookemcfarlin12
    Options
    god those lunges!!!!! I felt like I was going to cry every time I did them.