Are you taking a Multivitamin?

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
I am! I am taking Women's Ultra Mega Active from GNC. The price is not too bad and was actually recommened by my doctor. Especially since I work out in the am 5 days a week and try to hit 4 days at night.

According to GNC - the vitamins help with energy and calorie burning by speeding up your metabolism, the vitamins contain an appetite suppressent, and cushions joints (whatever that means). Now I can tell a difference in the days I forget' (yes I do) to take them with my hunger and I do actally feel better when I take them consistently. For some dumb reason I took them on the days I exercised but noticed my body not being consistent so now I take with breakfast everyday.

What are your thoughts about vitamins?
What do you take?
Are you faithfully taking them?

Replies

• bearcrusher
    bearcrusher Posts: 90
    Options
    I take Centrum Forte every morning.
    I figure it can't hurt me and will fill in any gaps I might have during my cut. Even though I'm pretty sure I've got my bases covered.
  • AshNoel85
    AshNoel85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really wish i could say i take them faithfully!! My dad is always on me about taking a multivitamin. When i do take one, i take a One Source women's multivitamin. I will have to work on taking this better!!!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I take one a day women every night!! :wink:
  • Fixenheimer
    Fixenheimer Posts: 10
    Options
    Most of the time....have a slipup here and there. I take a complete multi in the am and a vision multi at night. Hoping it will help these diabetic eyes. I will have to try the one you mentioned as we have a GNC here. Thanks for the tip.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    I take Centrum Forte every morning.
    I figure it can't hurt me and will fill in any gaps I might have during my cut. Even though I'm pretty sure I've got my bases covered.

I have tried the Centrum but for some reason the vitamins gave me a headache. Do you split your vitamin and take half in the am and half at night? I heard this helps - actually on Dr. Oz (I used to watch all the time) he said this is what you should do to maximize the vitamin - I take all mine at once only because I would forget. However, I do take them with food because otherwise I get a stomach ache (gosh I am such a whimp lol).

Anyone else get headaches/nausea from vitamins?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I have a one a day vitamin, but I havent been taking it. >.< One of my dr's recommended it last time I saw her, so I need to remember to start. A friend of mine has a hard time taking them because they make her sick.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    I have a one a day vitamin, but I havent been taking it. >.< One of my dr's recommended it last time I saw her, so I need to remember to start. A friend of mine has a hard time taking them because they make her sick.

Has your friend tried taking 1/2 the tablet in the am and 1/2 in the pm or taking with food?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Yes to both, but she seems to be ok taking a few vitamins individually.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    some people just do not tolerate vitamins - I had a hard time finding one that did not make my son throw-up or get a belly ache from. I truly believe not all vitamins are made the same and are for everyone.