Whats the longest anyone has gone with no period?

Options
124»

Replies

• kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I went over three years without one. Then I went through fertility treatments to have my youngest. Got pregnant then spotted for a couple of months then nothing again for about a year. Then in January I started bleeding and bled for 4 months straight. That is not a period for four months but every day for four months I bled. It sucked. Doc did an ultrasound and a biopsy but both were normal. I just started my second month of BC and I seem to have straighted out. I have actually lost weight being on the BC but I think that is due to not bleeding continuously and the bloating that went with it. I hope that by losing weight I can finally be normal.
  • forkeeps251
    forkeeps251 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went nine months, and that was right after surgery... which I suspect may have had something to do with it. Normally though, my cycles are around 30-60 days.

I was four months along with my oldest son before I even realized I was pregnant... I just didn't have that "missed period" alarm bell that other people have, so I thought everything was the same. WRONG! But wonderful :-). Now I'm trying to get pregnant again and am finding it difficult with 60 day cycles :-(
  • celinarae94
    celinarae94 Posts: 131
    Options
    I am on my 6th or 7th month without a period right now. But I am on an estrogen free birth control and have another reason why I may not be getting it (no not pregnancy lol)
  • vansah
    vansah Posts: 1
    Options
    My last period was Jan 2012. I finally saw a doctor last week and was diagnosed with PCOS and started me on Metformin 500mg twice a day and birth control. Does anyone know how long till I start getting my periods? Also my mood swings are out of wack.
  • SoVeracious
    SoVeracious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have gone a couple years at a time without a cycle. I had gone to doctors who did untrasounds and offered BC (which I declined), but never diagnosed me. I am now on metformin and have pretty regular cycles.