Muscles always fatigued

Options
amberblair86
amberblair86 Posts: 2 Member
Hey all,

I just started my fourth week of insanity. I took a full day off yesterday and just went on a walk to try and recover my tired muscles. The past few weeks I've been doing Insanity, biking and occasionally running and hiking. Today when I worked out I was still fatigued and feel I was keeping up a lot better a couple weeks ago. Did anyone feel this way? What helped you recover better between work outs?
Thanks

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think since insanity is mostly a lower body workout and then on top of that you are running and biking etc, you aren't giving your legs enough rest. Also how is your protein intake? That could help as well
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You need to ensure you are consuming at least 30% of your intake from protein......even 40% if you can manage. Ensure you are also getting enough carbohydrates, which replace the fuel for your muscles (become depleted after strenuous exercise....which Insanity is on it's own....and you are running on top of that). Good luck, don't give up...you are doing a fantastic job!!!
  • amberblair86
    amberblair86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't eat too much meat, but I try and get protein from sources like eggs, nuts, yogurt, beans and quinoa. Maybe I'm just not getting enough still. This week I'll try this week to up my intake of protein and see if I start feeling less fatigued. Thanks for your responses.