• celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!

~Yvonne
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Looks like I am definitely in, made arrangements so I could go.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have to work and miss this. Suckage.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have to work and miss this. Suckage.

It is total suckage.. I enjoyed meeting you back in December..

I know a few others (shift workers) are bummed they can't go... shall we plan something else?
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    Yes I believe we shall. Patio anyone??? I could use a beer.
  • kimad
    Options
    Yes I believe we shall. Patio anyone??? I could use a beer.

I'm there, starting throwing out your schedule :):)
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    I would prefer non patio since I burn thinking about sun :) Any time works for me :)

Yvonne
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    Are we just talking weekends?
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    I would prefer non patio since I burn thinking about sun :) Any time works for me :)

Yvonne

Maybe one of those places where it opens up and people can sit inside and outside?
  • kimad
    Options

Yvonne

Maybe one of those places where it opens up and people can sit inside and outside?

Name a few? I am drawing a blank haha Craft has large windows that open but you are technically inside.... And really only 2 people can sit by the window anyways..

Weekends tend to be easier for me due to the kids and their sports... and probably needing a babysitter... but I am sure I could swing a weekday!

ETA: Original Joes in kensington was kinda like that I guess, but you'd have to sit at different tables.
  • celtic0ne
    Options
    It's not a problem... I'll deal with a patio... gotta get a tan for my honeymoon anyhow :)
  • skrakalaka
    Options
    I've seen places on 17th ave. melrose maybe? You can tell I don't get out much. I am off the weekends of June 1 and 22 then i have a wedding.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ship and Anchor on 17th or Barley Mill in Eau Claire have good patios, and the ship has great burgers!

I think you can get a fairly sheltered patio table at Bottlescrew Bills (near Hi-Fi & Craft) and they have a huge selection of beers that are pretty well priced.

I would love to go out one night (hopefully it will be when my ex has our daughter :tongue: )
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    So it is Kinjo in the NW? Yes? I need to google that :) I've only been to the one in the SE :) What time? And is a reservation going to be made?
  • adoreabella
    adoreabella Posts: 87
    Options
    Kinjo won't let you make reservations. However I know the owner so maybe they will throw in some free food or something. One of us can go earlier to get a table for all of us. Kim, do we have an actual total so we know how many seats we need?
  • JasHayes
    JasHayes Posts: 29
    Options
    I am going to post days that work for me cause i only get 1.5 weekends off a month and when i work keeps getting picked haha. I am available may 31, june 1,2,7,8,9 if we are doing weekends only.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim (and the rest of Calgary Peeps)

Not looking good for me on the 25th. Mom's brother and his wife are coming to town that day and since they have torn apart the spare bed, looks like I may have company that night. It is also going to be the last push to get stuff done. I am babysitting my 'nephew' Sunday so need to be at my parents place as much as possible on the Saturday.

I'll keep checking back in for the potential patio date and hopefully will be able to make it.

We'll chat on Facebook and try and get together soon yo catch up.

Later
    Barb
  • kimad
    Options
    I just have to go back thru here and count the replies...last I posted it on my status I think I only got one other persons say they would come.

Ariesox, see the original message on here... it has the details.
  • kimad
    Options
    I've seen places on 17th ave. melrose maybe? You can tell I don't get out much. I am off the weekends of June 1 and 22 then i have a wedding.

I'd vote June 22... gives time between get togethers (not 2 weekends in a row), weather may be nicer .... I have a party June 1st but of course everyone else feel free to set up something if you want.

jashayes, is the 22 possibly doable for you?