YEAHHH

Options
Butlavie
Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
TODAY IS MY SURGIVERSARY (DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT..LOL)

I cant believe its been a year today theres been a lot of ups and downs...Im not at my goal weight but I lost 105 lbs ..:bigsmile: thats another person whoop whoop...still on my journey.

I no longer have diabetes, off of half my heart meds, I went from morbidly obese to just obese and almoset overweight..sounds crazy to be happy about that but we know in our world thats a great achievement.

Keep me in your daily prayers as I pray and send out good thoughts to my MFP family.

Replies

• kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have done fabulously well. Keep up the good work. THose milestones may not mean much to those who have NOT been there, but to those of us who have, know being "just" obese or "just" overweight are wonderful accomplishments. You have given yourself a gift. You should be proud.
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    Congrats on all your success. Keep up the fantastic job!!!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all you have achieved in a year's time! Praying that the next year of your journey is successful and is a happy one!
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 1 year as well!
    I started off at 290 lbs, but I was 277 the day of surgery. today I'm 165.4. I've lost 111.6 lbs since surgery and 124.6 overall!
    I went from a tight size 24 to now wearing 12s and 10s. I used to wear 3XL and 4XL shirts and dresses. I now wear Mediums and sometimes Larges.
    My goal was to be 160lbs by 18 months out, but now being so close, I may shoot for something around 145 or 140 as I would technically still be considered overweight at 160. I just can't believe how far I've come in this short amount of time!

Go us!
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    I started off at 290 lbs, but I was 277 the day of surgery. today I'm 165.4. I've lost 111.6 lbs since surgery and 124.6 overall!
    I went from a tight size 24 to now wearing 12s and 10s. I used to wear 3XL and 4XL shirts and dresses. I now wear Mediums and sometimes Larges.
    My goal was to be 160lbs by 18 months out, but now being so close, I may shoot for something around 145 or 140 as I would technically still be considered overweight at 160. I just can't believe how far I've come in this short amount of time!

Go us!

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Good luck reaching your goal!!
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! How exciting and wonderful a journey it has been. Day by day, ounce by ounce, you will get closer to your goal. Prayers your way! :smile:
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Congratulations for a successful year and bright future.
  • bridges15804
    Options
    :drinker: Such a nice thing to hear, when someone succeeds so well. I am 9 days post op and have lost 48 lbs since journey started in January 2013.

Congrats!!!!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So excellent, thanks for the encouragement.
  • Butlavie
    Options
    Thank you all but the real encouragement is reading everyones post..the honesty and sharing our struggles lets us all know we are not alone. So know I dont share to brag well a lil bit :tongue: but to help those who are helping me
  • Butlavie
    Options

Go us!

congrats I see we started our journey at the same time...love it..what kinds of foods are you eating now?
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Congratulations! I wonder where I'll be on my 1 year Surgiversary... :flowerforyou:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • pal00ga
    Options

Go us!

congrats I see we started our journey at the same time...love it..what kinds of foods are you eating now?

I get excited to meet others starting around the same time as me or around the same loss as me just to know what they are eating now and what they do to work out, etc.

I still have a protein shake or Greek yogurt smoothie for breakfast everyday.
    Lunch is often a chicken or tuna salad with low calorie crackers or cocktail shrimp or half a low fat sandwich or something like that
    Dinner can be a shrimp stir fry with lots of veggies and no rice or noodles. Or a half a low carb tortilla with healthy pizza toppings. Or baked tilapia and veggies. Or something similar.

I do have snacks from time to time, but they are generally fruit or protein bars.

What about you? What kinds of foods are you eating?
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you on your surgiversaries. I am just 23 days post-op and find encouragement In hearing about other's success. I do find that it can also be discouraging if I do too much comparing. So I try to remember it is not a race but a journey and though we can support each other, each of our journeys is our own. A big woohoo to you both.
  • pal00ga
    Options
    Well at 23 days out, I hadn't quite lost as much as you. I definitely have lost slower than many people, but I'm still very happy with how things are going. And when you look back at where you started, you realize just how far you have really come.
    I had a lot of trouble comparing myself to others as well, but now that I am so close to where I want to be, it doesn't matter that it may have taken me longer than others. I am a very number-based type of girl. I have to keep data about everything.
    So if you have any interest, I imagine knowing how much I lost each month would probably make you feel better as you appear to already be losing faster than me.
    I lost 13 lbs before surgery. Following surgery:

month 1: 17.4 lbs
    month 2: 14.8
    month 3: 11.6
    month 4: 11
    month 5: 8.6
    month 6: 10.4
    month 7: 7.2
    month 8: 5.4
    month 9: 7.4
    month 10: 5.2
    month 11: 6.8
    month 12: 5.8

As you see, I haven't had the largest losses, but I'm very happy with my progress. And I'm still losing more than 5 lbs each month, so I'd say that's pretty amazing results (especially compared to how much I was gaining before surgery)
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! At almost 9 months post-op myself, my numbers are getting close to those, and I had some complications for the first couple of months that prevented me from losing appropriately, so I feel like I have "caught-up" to be about where I would have been anyway when I see the numbers you have reached at one year. I also have gone from being morbidly obese to "just" obese, and I talked to my doctor about that, and we laughed at how that is something only those of us who have lived it (and those who deal with us every day!) can celebrate. But it truly is a thing for celebration! I can't wait to get to "just" overweight too! :)

Great work, and congrats again!
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How very exciting. Congratulations on all your success and keep it up girl. :)