Plateau 6+months - pixie dust requested...

Options
kg6blue
kg6blue Posts: 59 Member
Hi,
I posted a RMR topic with suggestions on if it's possible to increase, fire rock suggested I do a full blown intake topic for you to sprinkel pixie dust on me... here it goes!

5"7"
41 yrs (female)
183lbs.
Body fat by diff fat2fitradio tools, average 30% (gym personal trainer calipers, 34%)

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average? Currently 1400-1600 cals a day

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)
Ave. Protein 100-120 gram
Ave. Carbs 70-100 grams
Ave Fat 50-80 grams

Do you use a food scale and measure everything? I was measuring everything for about a month or so, now I'm not, but still eating pretty much the same things

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
Yes, I track daily, everything

Do you take cheat days or days off?
Can't remember last "cheat" day or off day... I have had "bad" days :)

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
I have hovered over the years (last 5yrs) in the 160-165lbs. March of 2012 I started to really "try" and lose weight... got some personal training sessions, started weight lifting, etc... trained for a 10 mile run end of Oct (usually do 1-2 a year). March 12-Sept. weight creep up to 165-170ish. Sept 12 started em2wl, upped my cals to 2000-2200 and started New Rules for Women in Nov. Sept-Dec at the upped cals... gained up to 185lbs... and since then, have been gaining and losing the same 4lbs eating in the range of 1400-1600.

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?
Activity listed above... average week was 3x cardio and 2x weight lifiting... I am still doing that now, A few months in there, I was doing much less cardio as a suggestion by someone on MFP.

Now I'm about 1-2x week walking/jogging (200-300 cals) 1x kickboxing (500 cals), and 1-2x weight lifting sessions (200 cals)

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.

I had an RMR test done at the gyme (Lifetime) with mask and all... it came back at 1216... pretty low! Also was told I never went into fat burning mode during the test time... so that meant I was either over-training or undereating... (but was eating more than the RMR+ exercise was saying I "should"... this was when I backed off on the cardio too... but no change.

Month of April I did whole30 program (did pretty well not too much cheating) and still no scale loss really but I did notice a couple inches gone, less bloat etc...) But still the scale keeps bouncing around the same 3lbs. I did notice I was sleeping better, and handling stress better...

Are you breastfeeding? Not breastfeeding

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS? Hypothroid... keep getttin it tested and I'm always told I'm in "optimal range". Last month just asked to get changed to Armour thryoid meds and no change as of yet... not quite through a whole month though.

Diary is open...

I am at a loss of what to do... I had many many years of excess cardio and probaby not eating enough... I have been trying diff things... no exercise at all, weight lifting only, adding back in cardio... higher cals which only got me 10lbs more over 3-4months... and now that the cals are lower, I still haven't lost the 10 extra lbs I got.

I feel like based on the RMR test, I should be eating about 1300 cals + any exercise I do... but 1st of all, that would mean I would want to exercise every day to be able to eat more... I don't think its sustainable for me to only eat 1200-1300 cals a day...

When I do TDEE equations... I am eating about where I should to be losing weight... and I'm not... thus the request for pixie dust...
Thanks so much!!!
Karla

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I posted a RMR topic with suggestions on if it's possible to increase, fire rock suggested I do a full blown intake topic for you to sprinkel pixie dust on me... here it goes!

I forgot to mention, if Sidesteel offers to show you his "magic wand," say no.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi

Your diary does not appear to be public.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Hi,

LOL that reminds me of that time when you were in that sales meeting with your bosses and you went to click on powerpoint to show a snapshot of company profits but I secretly replaced your slide with a close up of my cawk. HAHAAHAH AHAHAH GOOD TIMES!
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Hi

Your diary does not appear to be public.

^ OP: Let us know when you've opened your diary. Thanks!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You mention that you used to measure. Do you have a digital food scale?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hi,

LOL that reminds me of that time when you were in that sales meeting with your bosses and you went to click on powerpoint to show a snapshot of company profits but I secretly replaced your slide with a close up of my cawk. HAHAAHAH AHAHAH GOOD TIMES!

Every time I try to be serious this guy pulls his cacque out. EVERY. DAMN. TIME.
  • kg6blue
    Options
    Oops... sorry, diary is open

And yes, I use a digital scale....

Thanks!!!
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Hi,

Every time I try to be serious this guy pulls his cacque out. EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

LMFAO
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Bumping this up to the top so we hopefully get to it soon.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Oops... sorry, diary is open

Thanks!!!

I wanted to clarify something regarding the above post.

You first mention this in the OP:
    I was measuring everything for about a month or so, now I'm not, but still eating pretty much the same things

So I'm taking this as, you own a food scale but you've not been using it diligently in the past month.

Would you agree with that statement?
  • kg6blue
    Options

Thanks!!!
    [/quote]

I wanted to clarify something regarding the above post.

You first mention this in the OP:
    I was measuring everything for about a month or so, now I'm not, but still eating pretty much the same things

So I'm taking this as, you own a food scale but you've not been using it diligently in the past month.

Would you agree with that statement?
    [/quote]

I use it occassionally if I'm eating something new, but correct... I am def not diligent with it.
    For example, I go to trader joes and will get a package of the chili lime chicken breasts that are 12 oz package... I eyeball them into 2 servings and will log each as 6 ozs... maybe off on each individually, but assume the package is correct... I do account for all the 12 ozs. within the day or 2 of eating it.
    I am not good at weighing like my fruit, I don't weigh each mango or avocado, but I did in the past, and use that as my gauge.

Thanks... :)
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Here is our initial recommendation, and we need you to do this to the absolute best of your ability in order for us to then make accurate assertions about your food intake.

We'd like you to maintain your current average intake for the next two weeks. Your food diary puts this right around 1450 calories so we'd like this to remain your target.

The kicker is this: You need to weigh, measure, and track absolutely everything for two weeks straight. No short-cuts, no estimations for two weeks consecutively.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Take a weigh in just before you do this and monitor weight over the course of the two weeks. Report back to us at the two week mark with results and we will also then backtrack over the two weeks to check for intake average/etc.

From there, we can move forward in the event anything then needs to be changed.
  • kg6blue
    Options
    A couple questions...

1450 cals regardless of workouts that day?

Do you assume that the cals for meats that you pick in the database are from the cooked weight or the pre-cooked weight? Say chicken breast, weight before cooking right? That's what I've been doing... unless I'm eatin from a package that's already cooked.

I'll do my best ( I am going to be camping in the woods over memorial wknd, so that may be tough a few days, but good to go all others.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    A couple questions...

1450 cals regardless of workouts that day?

Do you assume that the cals for meats that you pick in the database are from the cooked weight or the pre-cooked weight? Say chicken breast, weight before cooking right? That's what I've been doing... unless I'm eatin from a package that's already cooked.

I'll do my best ( I am going to be camping in the woods over memorial wknd, so that may be tough a few days, but good to go all others.

I tend to weigh meats uncooked when I'm able to and I assume the entries are for uncooked. If I'm wrong on that I'd welcome anyone to correct me.

1450 on both rest and exercise days.
  • kg6blue
    Options
    Is there a good website out there wher general fruits/vegtables/meats are listed for calories by gram weight? Seems when I do weigh things, find it hard to select the right "option" in the database that matches the measurement I'm using?

Thanks...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Is there a good website out there wher general fruits/vegtables/meats are listed for calories by gram weight? Seems when I do weigh things, find it hard to select the right "option" in the database that matches the measurement I'm using?

Thanks...

If you can find the database entry without the * before the description - that is the MFP one and usually has an option for per 100g. Otherwise, this is a good site: http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I've found most fruits have gram weights in MFP but it's certainly a pain in the *kitten* to find that info with all the bad entries. If anyone else has an answer to this, feel free to chime in.

EDIT: Sara FTW!
  • kg6blue
    Options
    Great... thanks...

I didn't know about the * secret and I'll use the nutritiondata sight too.
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Is there a good website out there wher general fruits/vegtables/meats are listed for calories by gram weight?

CalorieKing.com is very good, as well.
This discussion has been closed.