Pam
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Jean, have a safe and enjoyable trip.:smile:
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    @gramanana, still have weeks to go as can't check in on campus till 6/5. Today went to a wonderful Amish buffet and ate everything but the lace table cloth. :grumble: I'll have to be really good tomorrow.

@jeanmrob, have a wonderful n safe trip :drinker: and plz post about your trip

Happy Trails to everyone traveling, and plz share how you get exercise in while on the road. :flowerforyou:
  • Chrisbakes
    Chrisbakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I have been around for awhile but I have never posted. I was off of MFP for two months and gained 3 pounds:sad: It is cold here yet for May. Trying to plough ground for the gardens but it is still much too wet. Greenhouse plants are ready but they will hold another few weeks yet as I just up potted them again. Have a great day everyone! Chris
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Hi Daisylee2! Welcome to May Chat :flowerforyou:

Now visiting in central Illinois and our host is also waiting out the cold weather with his tomatoes growing larger in the garage. In Tulsa last week, our host there had put her outside flower pots in a wagon because she got tired of having to carry them inside with each frost warning. What crazy weather :grumble:

While not yet at my goal, I am trying to maintain my current weight while traveling. It is proving to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. :sad: My biggest concern is lack of exercise. Well being a tourist does keep you moving, I'm not sure it's going to be enough. O well, the scale will quickly let me know! :laugh:

So here is to better weather for us all and maintaining our weight :drinker:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Good morning to each of you!!
    I had a "bad night" as I couldn't sleep so found the refrigerator :sad: I did not eat breakfast yesterday so I think I will eat breakfast whether I am hungry or not.
    I am thankful each day is a new beginning.

Weather: We have set records for being the coldest May yesterday we set records for the hottest - and today is going to be hotter :grumble: Forecasted for 93* today. Not my favorite weather!

Today our 4 yo DGS is graduating from preschool - this is a new experience as I have been to kindergarten graduation but never to preschool!

I sincerely hope each of you have a great day!
  • gramanana
    Options
    We've been dog sitting since Sunday so our neighbors (mother and daughter) could go to the grand daughters graduation from law school. I really didn't want to deprive the grandmother of that since how many grandmothers get to do that. The dogs are older (12 and 17) and really good. But they're making my allergies crazy. I'm living on Benadryl and it is keeping me very tired. Or am I tired because they get up at 4:30 am and want out and food. It's been crazy, but I'm glad to do it. Can't wait for them to go home tonight. I've got say that at least I got out for a couple of walks these past few days. We haven't had pets for over 25 years and this has convinced me that I don't want any. I'll just love them from afar!:wink:
  • Wooken3
    Options
    I so agree with you regarding pets. We have a 21 year old cat that the Vet says is going to out live us all. :ohwell:

Well we are on the road, Sluggo receives a daily visit from various family members while enjoying the 83 air condition comfort of our empty house. Now is that spoiled or what?!?

I only pray that when we reach that age someone takes as good care of us as we do our grump old cat!!! :laugh:
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Been great in San Francisco....weather has been sunny but with a chilly wind....... I had to stop trying to log food....it was too time consuming..... just to say I am trying to do alot of walking and I am sure the hills here have burned off the Ghirardelli's chocolate fudge sundae.......

Off to Monteray today

Jean
  • ppaolini4340
    Options
    Jean, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip here in the US. As long as you can still button your pants, you should be good to go until you get home. :blushing:
  • gramanana
    Options
    Jean, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time. I'm sure the walking is helping; also, you've formed better habits so you're probably eating ok, too. Those sundaes are delicious aren't they?:ohwell:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I usually gain a couple of pounds on holiday...... and that is fine.....life is for living and enjoying after all!
  • Wooken3
    Options
    We are now in Michigan, off to see Holland tulips today. Told Hubby yesterday that there can not be anymore buffets in our travels. As much as it pains me, I have to accept the fact I have no will power to a home style cooked mid-west buffet. :sad:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been away on vacation since April 29 or so. We had a great time out on the boat even if we had a little engine trouble. Back now for repairs and yearly outside paint & varnish work. Managed to not gain too much, but now back with nose to the grindstone. Glad to see you all.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Wooken: Glad you're eating well at the buffets. They must be at friends' homes because I'm in northern Illinois and I've never found a really good buffet at a restaurant. Trip sounds like so much fun. Enjoy the tulips!

Walkswithart: Glad you're back and had such a nice vacation.
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Now North of SF....today is very hot...could be the best day for shorts! Haha!
    I am eating breakfast in hotels which varies...toast and boiled egg and sometimes a pastry....no lunch and then a nice ...and no doubt calorific.... dinner.......

We are north of SF now ........ beautiful morning and very hot - best day for shorts I think! Had a lovely swim in the hotel heated pool yesterday - sun beating down and no one else in the pool....... that just says Holiday in the USA to me!

Going up to the Napa Valley Winery today.....:bigsmile:

Jean
  • gramanana
    Options
    You're making think it's time for us to plan another trip to the West Coast. SF is one of my favorite places and Napa Valley is just gorgeous. I'm glad you're enjoying your time here in the US.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    @walkwithart: Welcome back, glad your time on the high seas went well, nothing like a little engine trouble to keep things interesting.

@Jean: Sounds like the perfect vacation to me, love Napa Valley wine country.

@gramanana: Yep the buffets were all in Central Illinois. The best was The Ponderosa Steakhouse in Vandalia, we went twice for lunch n dinner. First time there, I ate so much, I think I hurt myself :(. The other was in Salam, but can't think of the name right now. Like I said, I MUST step back from the buffets :(

We are now at the Traverse City, MI KOA and will be here for 3 more night. Northwest Michigan coastline is beautiful and there seems to be a lighthouse around every corner.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We are on our way to the fabricators (welding shop) to get a new part made for these old (my age) engines. My hubby estimated $1000 dollars each (two engines). That's like about our budget for a couple of months. I hope it is not that much. Oh, woe is me! Well guess the rest of the year is gonna be short food rations. Hey, that should help me loose wt, eh????
  • gramanana
    Options
    Wooken: Now you're in another spot that I like, Traverse City. We only spent one day there, but it was gorgeous. Glad you're enjoying.

Walkswithart: Vacations are expensive, just chalk up the engines to that and keep enjoying.