I decided to not focus so much on calories burned with JMBR

Options
Zilla100
Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
and just work on keeping my food calories between 1100 and 1300 a day. Generally I am coming in at just under 1200 a day so I think I am on course. I feel that the calories I ingest are really going to be the true variable anyway.

I know that I am doing the work, I can feel it, and I am doing my best. The calories burned with BR is so subjective with each person anyhow, and I can't afford to get the Body Media armband yet, which is the HRM I really want, that this is just the way I have decided to go for now.

I will log it as general circuit training, subtracting the time for cooldown, and I just log that general MFP number for the day.

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow, 1100 is way too low, especially with doing JMBR. I really think 1200 is too low too. You need to fuel your body to do these workouts. That's what I keep being told anyway.

I have been eating around 1500 per day. I don't feel like I'm starving and I feel like I'm eating enough so I'm not tired and crabby. While I haven't lost scale weight, I have lost 4 inches and 2% body fat and I am in the middle of phase 2. So, I am seeing results. I just dont' think I could handle working out everday on so little calories.
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's just the way it works out with my schedule and the kinds of things I am eating. I work nights, so I have to get my exercise done in the morning. I learned to eat denser things, like oatmeal and plain greek yogurt and hardboiled eggs, that are keeping me fuller for longer. By the time I am done with exercise, shower, and whatnot, I have a few hours before work, and I am not hungry for a second meal before work. I eat that later on, and it is usually something like a Trader Joe's salad with some extra protein (like smoked salmon).

I end up eating two main meals and two solid snacks (150-200 calories) a day and then I am trying to keep myself satiated in between with a lot of green tea...so far it is working ok. The main place I get into trouble is when I have too much time on my hands at night when I get home and there is something in the house that I could potentially go crazy on, so I just don't buy that stuff any more.

But I have at minimum a good solid 50 pounds to lose, so I really have to watch my intake. I try to keep it to as close to 1200 calories, with dense, good balanced food, as I can.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. I stayed around 1200 and didn't eat back my exercise cals and that worked for me. Not saying that it is ok for everyone. I think it depends on a lot of things. That is; however, what Jillian recommends and for my sedentary lifestyle, it worked. I am now around 1500 for maintenance and that is ok w/me :)
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    see when I added up a meal from her health guide, it only added up to about 1020. I know that is WAY too low. So it doesn't make any sense.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You have to find the balance that works for you. I'm doing JMBR and C25K. MFP put me at 1200, plus I eat back,exercise, and I lost pounds initially but hit a plateau. I just went up to 1500 but really don't feel the need to eat that much so I'm going by what my body says. I've definitely toned and lost inches.