For those who reset, and then lost weight after?

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
I've been reading about resets and thinking I may need to do one. But it is scary to read about weight gains of 10 and more pounds. So here is my question: For all you folks who reset and gained, are there any of you who then lost the weight? And especially, who lst the weight without having to drop calories ridiculously low again? I'd love to hear some follow up from the reset threads, or any stories of reset success.

Replies

• greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Heh- you know what's funny?
    I didn't lose "weight" but I sure lost INCHES!

I didn't think it would happen. I did a nice long reset, because I really scarred my metabolism but good. I definitely gained weight- water, and fat. However- I started really lifting heavy at that time as well. I'd already been dabbling with weights; machines, and was just beginning free weights. Then I started New Rules of Lifting for Women.

So- I was around 140-145. I began my reset in December. I went up to 155. I stayed there until about a few weeks ago, when I am starting to come back down to 150. However!!! The inches are coming off. I am starting to see the muscle underneath the softness. I have a great waistline, and some seriously fabulous hips happening. Not to mention a juicy but- my goddess, you have got to do squats, holy mama they are the *kitten*!!!

So please- don't worry about that scale. The scale lies. I am dense, so dense. Yes, I "weigh" a lot, but I am sexier than ever. I bet as I lose the remaining fat over the muscle that the scale will change, but I don't even care. You'll find you don't care either.

Go for it! Do the reset! You'll be glad you did. Just remember this is a lengthy process, you are here to heal and do this correctly. There are a bunch of great threads pinned to the top of the discussion board, check it out- there's a great one on why you need to have patience. we've all been there.
    :D
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Heh- you know what's funny?
    I didn't lose "weight" but I sure lost INCHES!

I didn't think it would happen. I did a nice long reset, because I really scarred my metabolism but good. I definitely gained weight- water, and fat. However- I started really lifting heavy at that time as well. I'd already been dabbling with weights; machines, and was just beginning free weights. Then I started New Rules of Lifting for Women.

So- I was around 140-145. I began my reset in December. I went up to 155. I stayed there until about a few weeks ago, when I am starting to come back down to 150. However!!! The inches are coming off. I am starting to see the muscle underneath the softness. I have a great waistline, and some seriously fabulous hips happening. Not to mention a juicy but- my goddess, you have got to do squats, holy mama they are the *kitten*!!!

So please- don't worry about that scale. The scale lies. I am dense, so dense. Yes, I "weigh" a lot, but I am sexier than ever. I bet as I lose the remaining fat over the muscle that the scale will change, but I don't even care. You'll find you don't care either.

Go for it! Do the reset! You'll be glad you did. Just remember this is a lengthy process, you are here to heal and do this correctly. There are a bunch of great threads pinned to the top of the discussion board, check it out- there's a great one on why you need to have patience. we've all been there.
    :D

Thx this is just the kind of info I'm wondering about. It will be worth it if there are improvements in the end!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I gained 11-12 pounds on an 8 week reset. In my first month of cut (at 13%), I worked out roughly 2x a week and lost 2.5 inches all over. Oh and I lost 1 pound. Pretty good progress for barely working out. Just staying within my calorie range. I also lost all of the bloat from reset in the first 2 weeks of cut.

The funny thing is, even though I gained weight, my clothes still fit. And after reset, your weight may bounce around a lot before you start losing steadily. I just started a new workout routine. Coupled with my first diet break (week at TDEE) plus TOM, I gained 6 pounds in one week. But I lost three the following week. So I am now back to my post-reset weight. The inches are still going down though.

I now weigh almost 30 pounds more than I did 12 years ago when I was wearing the same clothing size (size 10). Crazy.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can minimize the weight gain on reset if you up calories slowly, or just make sure to stick to your macros (whatever they are - mine are 40% carbs, 30% each protein and fat). Keep lifting 3x a week. Drink your water. If you don't stop working out and you don't habitually exceed your calories, you should be fine. And you'll probably come out of reset with some nice gains.

Reset is less scary if you consider that it's really just an 8 to 12 week body recomposition.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    That is a great way of putting it. Happy to have an 8-week body recomposition if I am still losing inches as long as the weight starts to come off after that. Thanks for posting your story, very interesting....
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    From a guy's perspective after my initial reset I gained 5 pounds. Since beginnig my 20% cut (I still have 35 pounds to lose) I have only lost 3 pounds in 2 months. BUT I have lost 2 pant sizes and more importantly my man boobs. I have done this by lifting 3-4x a week. The weight is coming down slower, but I am much more fit and toned and I am not starving myself.