5 Day Pouch Test

Options
I've been stalled out for almost 4 weeks now, so I am starting a 5 day pouch test. I've done this before, back in Jan/Feb and it gave me a kick start. I have found my eating habits over the past few weeks have gotten a bit slack. I've definitely been testing my pouch and had a couple of accidental binges.

I'll keep you guys posted :)

Replies

• gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test?
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Most people start to drift and never recognize it until they go way to far. I envy you for recognizing the signs and doing something about it. Going back to basics is the best way. Let us know how you make out.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Days One & Two: Liquid Protein (low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding)
    Day 3: Soft Protein i.e. canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy.)
    Day 4: Firm Protein i.e. ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut.
    Day 5: Solid Protein i.e white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

You can read more about it at http://www.5daypouchtest.com

Its basically designed to give your pouch a reboot and helps get you back to the basics.
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that site. There was a lot of good info and some nice recipes there too!
  • susanpallen
    Options
    I can't seem to make it lunch on the first day of the pouch test. Was it difficult for you?
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is helpful.