Varicose veins :-(

Options
bttrthanevr
bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
Unfortunately my joy at the tone and muscle in my legs is hindered by my huge rope-y varicose veins. (I know, gross.) I am not talking about little spidery purple veins. These are thick and raised. Anyone have any experience with ablation? Does insurance pay at all? Experience? Bad or good?

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't have this issue, thank goodness, but I work with a lady who has horrible vericose veins and she had it done last year & was extremely happy with the outcome. said it was the best thing shes done for herself.
  • itslucyr
    itslucyr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had bad varisode veins for several years (and I'm only 26 :o( ), mainly genetic. I went to the doctor who put in a referral to the consultant, but I was declined because they almost always come back - especially if you get pregnant. He said the best thing was to lose weight and exercise more. I don't like how they look but I'm used to them I guess, don't let them stop me wearing shorts and skirts (even though they have genuinely scared small children on more than one occasion!).
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since I was a teenager. Although at that point it was one on the back of my knee and one about 2-3" on my inside calf. Now the inside of my entire left leg is terrible. I'm willing to pay (within reason to at least improve the appearance somewhat. Also they hurt!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Check with your insurance. I think they are covered with some insurances in specific circumstances.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have them on both legs. They are all squiggly and ugly and raised. I got mine during pregnancies. I'm not having any more of those. They take away from my body change excitement, too. I think my legs probably do look prett good if you can get past those.