New to the Group...looking for motivational friends!

Options
kimbtaylor1
kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
Hello everyone I'm new to the group and to the whole forum side of MFP. I started my weight loss journey about two years ago and have lost 75 lbs so far. I am 5'3" and 133lbs but my goal is to be at 115. This is something that is going to be hard to do because I gain muscle so easily. (it is a curse for someone who doesn't want to look too cut) If I just do cardio I am afraid I will loose the muscle I do want to keep but if push too hard on weights than I could very easliy look like Madonna. (The present version of her) Any ways I look forward to chatting with you all!

Replies

• soggypuppet
    soggypuppet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole MFP thing. I'm hoping to find some motivation here. I work with a bunch of people who always tell me I don't look overweight but I most definitely am! According to the BMI on here I am obese. :(
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends too :)

I weigh 130lb, BF 22%

I would love to get to 125lb, 20% BF.

Since I've been ion MFP I've lost almost 16lb from 1400 net calories, eating all of my exercise calories back. My settings are to lose 0.5lb a week but it been a little faster than that. I haven't upped my calories any further as this builds in margin of error for logging food and exercise.

My favourite exercise is spinning and bodypump but I also do circuit training, a bit of barbell weight training and body weight exercises like squats and push ups. I am really trying to master a pull up!

I mostly eat clean and enjoy coming from scratch!
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sending you a request! I am 5'3 and currently 128 looking to be 115 ish!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the forum side of this as well! Loving having people on my news feed though so I need to start adding more people :)

I'm 5'3 and 132lbs at the moment, looking to be 122lbs!
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am new too and would love to add more friends as well. Feel free to add me!
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss to date! 75lbs is a great accomplishment :) I am also looking to lost 15-20 lbs.

Height: 5'
    HW: 162
    CW: 133
    GW: 110- 115
  • jerricablack5
    Options
    I just started on MFP today. I weigh 152 currently and am 5'4. Im 18 years old, I aim to be 125 by my birthday(july 18th) and am wanting to lose it the hard and healthy way. I NEED MOTIVATION and an accountability partner ik will stick to it with me, add me if u r willing to help and also lose to ur goal. I AM RELIABLE AND WILL BUST MY BUTT TO LOSE THESE 27 lbs IN roughly 7 weeks.
  • nmarr1
    nmarr1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, new to the group. Been doing MFP since Jan and I've lost 19 pounds so far. I would love to lose another 9 pound and just looking for similar people in the same situation. Struggling to get these last pounds off now, only lost 1 pound all month. But i'm gyming it 4 times a week, lifting weights etc. So i'm guessing i've built muscle instead.
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the group. I am also looking for some friends for motivation. I am 5'6" and started at 157. I have lost 20 pounds doing the Eat to Live lifestyle and regular weightlifting and running. I am running my first marathon this fall.

I am now at 137 and would like to lose around 5-10 more pounds. I'm finding the last few are the hardest. I would love to have some people with similar goals add me as a friend. Females only.
  • Jadeb_238
    Jadeb_238 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, I am 5'4 and currently 133 looking to be 116!!
  • wordyroo
    wordyroo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just found this group and would love some more friends.

I'm 5'6.5" (you know that extra half of an inch matters!) and 144, would like to be 130. I'm on week 7 of C25K and work with a personal trainer (mostly bodyweight exercises) once a week. I'm trying to push myself to do those exercises twice more a week, but it's hard to find the time with a baby and a full-time job. Hopefully I can find the motivation here!