New to the group

Options
I am new to the whole group thing, looking for some friends to keep me going. I had the sleeve done in January and im feel discouraged. Add me and lets make friends.

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Will send you a request. I had gastric bypass 9/27/12, Congrats on your recent surgery. There is lots of great support here. It's easy to get discouraged, but hang in there. It gets easier, and is always better with supportive friends!
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done April 26th and have had bouts of discouragement already. I seem to get discouraged when I take my eyes off my journey and start comparing it to others. What is discouraging you?
  • sherrynassif
    Options
    just life i guess, i feel like i never have the time to get my food protein and vitamins in and water as well. it sucks.
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its a battle doing EVERYTHING we have to do to get the most out of our WLS. I find that the easiest way to get in all my protein is to plan in the morning what I will eat all day and then make sure I take the time to eat it. I have a pill box that I set out every days vitamins in and have it where I can see it. Then I make sure I grab one and take it whenever I notice it, not putting it off for later. I would rather take them of schedule then have them left over at the end of the day. The water I am fighting with now. But I have a 16oz cup and try to empty it between each "meal". Sometimes this journey seems overwhelming and discouraging but just take one thing at a time and work on it until it is second nature and then go to the next. Don't kick yourself when you run out of day before you run out of "tasks". A winner is one who gets up one more time every time.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!!

I had RNY on 12/15/11. Feel free to add me! My diary is open and I love having other WLS friends :happy: