May 21, 2013

Options
PamHealthMission
PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
fitnessstrongfitbeautifulfileswordpresscom-2012-06-fitness-motivational-quotes-17_zpsb66869a3.jpg

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Worked out with a friend yesterday, we did RI30 Level 2 in my basement. Its kind of nice to have company and motivation during a workout. Today will be rest day, I am going apartment hunting 2 hours away for my son who will be going to college next September. This is be # 2 for me. Where does the time go?

Sorry I am not getting any personals in....I will get back to posting normal tomorrow hopefully!!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Good morning Maureen and Team! We all are so blessed today! After seeing the news about that HORRIFIC and DEADLY tornado in the state of Oklahoma last evening we should all feel this way today. I pray that none of you have family or friends personally affected by that storm, too. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with each of them.

Even with sadness in my heart, I got CLX Burn Intervals done this morning and boy was it a BURN. Cardio and muscle endurance type of exercises were felt for sure. I am always happy when cardio exercises are over.:blushing:

Maureen: I hear that whenever one works out with another person or group one tends to push even harder. Is this true? Good luck in finding an apartment for your son today. Between me and my DH, we have four adult children and three went to college. Oh the expense and time involved to get them ready and set to go. The one that skipped college became an entrepreneur and thriving...lol.

Wishing each of you a terrific Tuesday!

p.s. Came back to edit and add gentle hugs and prayers for Sam who mentioned last evening that she lives close to where the tornado hit and know of people affected.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sam, I am so sorry to hear of the storms. I haven't been available to see the news, so this is the first I am hearing of it. I hope that the toll does not go up and that those effected can find peace and begin to rebuild their lives.

This is just a quickie. I've been gone all day for my son's photoshoot and am beat from standing for most of the day...and trying to keep an 8yo boy from getting too rowdy, sweaty, or dirty...in a horse barn! #impossibletask I got some walking done to & from there, with a little extra afterwards, when we realized we were somewhat close to a very nice fashion mall and walked over for the air conditioning and a sandwich. I will try to recover for a little while and finally get started on some HG exercises tonight.

Have a nice day.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone yes prayers are going out to those affected..

I am on my way to the dr. and feeling pretty good today so fingers crossed I will get some type of relief..

Workout later....
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your continued prayers. I plan to go for a run tomorrow and possibly some yoga at home today. My yoga studio has become a donation site. Happy to support such a wonderful business. Good luck in your fitness journeys this week!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    Came back to update that I added the Skimble Workout Trainer app to my iPhone thanks to Ashley. I did a workout for the core/abs called St. Patrick's Day Ball Workout and it was 15 minutes and was moderately intense. Doing bridges on planks from an exercise ball can be precarious...LOL...when one is a little off balance:laugh: That alone WORKED my core. Then later in the evening I worked my gardens which involved a lot of walking, squatting, shoveling, and playing tug of war with a water hose from tree to tree around the inner two acres of the yard...whew! Trust me that I added both additional workouts to my log.

Sam: that is such a generous idea that the yoga studio is doing for the tornado victims. It takes a "village" to help a city recover as much as possible from such great devastation.

Toni: Glad to hear that you are feeling good and hope by now you saw the dr. and have relief strategy in place. Take care.

Sherry: how interesting a life it must be to have a child model to go from place to place with. Hey...you could have done some squats while standing around waiting for the photo shoot to be completed...heehee. Enjoy your HG tonight!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Sherry: i agree with Pam that your son modeling is pretty neat! I know Pam was kidding about squats. At least i think she was. Maybe you could tighten your glutes or abs. That is a little less conspicuous. Hehe. I should do that when i am waiting in line or standing around. I imagine that you have a lot of down time with your son but i really have no idea what it is like. Sounds fun and glamorous though!

Toni: praying for a good prognosis for you!

Sam: Praying for you too and the tornado victims. I am sorry to hear that it struck so close to your heart and home.

Pam: Glad you got started on skimble. Sounds like a good workout. Glad you made it through in one piece. Lol.

I didn't get to post yesterday. But i exercised as planned on monday with my friend. We ended up walking for about 45 minutes. We decided to do a couple of exercises each night for a week and then do something for the next week and the next... I am doing planks and crunches this week. I might do skimble or bodyrock the following week. We'll see! I like that it is short because it is more likely that i will do it consistently. Tomorrow night i will either do my elliptical or a run if weather permits. I am thinking about running a 5k in june.

Hi to everyone else!
    Ash
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Got C25K W3D1 done late this evening. It was nice, though. I was kidfree and there were very few cars to dodge. I definitely did NOT look cute afterward. :laugh:

Sam - Very sorry to hear about the tornadoes hitting so close to home...
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ...so basically I have Acid Reflex Disease along with the herinated stomach and I'm just going to have to be careful. Hopefully this medication will be the symptom fix..

Any way I'm going to take advantage when i do feel well, and push hard. I completed Barre workout. It was all lower body mostly. I will be sore I'm sure. I was shaking doing pile squads...wowzer

Til tomorrow
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Sherry: i agree with Pam that your son modeling is pretty neat! I know Pam was kidding about squats. At least i think she was.

haha, I hope she was kidding too--it was too hot, crowded, and nervewracking for that. I stood for about 5+ hours straight, constantly shifting so that someone could passby in the narrow quarters. Plus constantly changing my son's clothes (it was so dirty, that I had to help him, to keep from the pants dragging into the dirt). And it was sooo hot. We tried to stay as still as possible to keep from sweating through our clothes. ugh. But what can I do? My son truly loves doing it.