Challenge 22May13

Options
zmeplay
zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
Good Evening Ladies, I am 28, 5'0'' and weigh 124. I am trying to tone and if in the process I lose weight I will be happy. I had a child 13 months ago. I stay at home and my activity level has decreased dramatically since I have been home. I have tried: Nike Training App (awesome), youtube Jillian's yoga, Wii fitness. I am sure I would have lost weight if I actually used them and applied myself. I am tired of carrying around this extra weight, and muffin top.

Challenge:
There is a 30 day squat challenge and and AB challenge. How nice would it be if we had success in both?
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/04/squatchallenge/
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/crunch challenge

Replies

• FFXXIV
    FFXXIV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is actually my first time posting :) I am 27, 5'6", and 188ish pounds. I'd love to be 150 or lower and I know many people had success here.

I'm looking for a challenge (something to add on top of elliptical training) and I checked out both sites you posted. I can't even remember the last time I've done a squat or a crunch, but I will take you up on this challenge!!! I, too, am tired of carrying around the spare tire around my belly so I hope we both do well in this :D

Good luck!
  • cambesos
    cambesos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I'm 27, 5'0", 137lbs... for my height this is uncomfortably chubby. I have 2 kids and a husband. I'm going to take on the 30 day squat challenge starting today. In addition to my long, slow, leisurely jogs. Hopefully I can discipline myself and keep my frozen yogurt, wine and cheese addictions in check.

Cheers to you all in the late twenties corner. :drinker: Let's do this!

*Please add me: cambesos
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Im 28 5ft 5" weighing 168.8lbs. I was 220lbs starting out and it taken sometime to come off but its stayed off. My target is 145-150lbs.
    I would say my diet is 80% good and exercise 2-3 times week with a group PT. The sessions are 1 hours with a 20min walk each way. Really good workout.

Iv just broken a 7 month plateu, finally

I would love to be @ or very near my target for my anniversary trip to New York on August 28th.

I Live in London, my diary is open so feel free to drop me a friend request
  • diamondcricket
    diamondcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    This is my first time posting in any message board for MFP. I'm 27, 5'4 and weiging in at 295 lbs. I have quite a bit to lose, and I'm healing from a severe tendon tear.
    I'm trying to get some activity in that can work around my knee tendon tear, so the plan is to do some light walking first, and maybe try to make it to the pool.

I would love have some more friends my age on MFP so please add me! :D

Have a great day.
  • monkeestyles
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

My names Jessica and I'm 26 years young! I currently weigh 272, and started out at 280. I've only been using this app for a little over a week. My overall goal weight is 160 lbs. I only stand at 5'6 tall! I've cut out a lot of food, esp. going out to eat. I couldn't believe how many calories and sodium and among other things are in food we don’t prepare or read nutrition on. So I hit the nail on the head hard by going to the gym 5 or 6 times a week, and I consume about 1500 calories a day. I’m worried about losing this much weight because of loose skin, but regardless of the worries I’m going to get to my goal! I would love to have friends on here, to talk to or get advice! I’m new to this and reading I get overwhelmed.
    Have a good day! And Remember your never fully dressed without a smile! :-)
  • vintagegown
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm turning 27 next month and am 3 weeks in to the 5:2 diet. I've seen tiny changes in my body so far and have stepped up my exercise this week...doing a Nike Training workout every day this week (looking forward to a day off tomorrow!)

I'm 5'7 (maybe 5'8?) and I'm currently at 160lbs. I've hovered around 155 for a couple of years but since I've been with my boyfriend and doing an extremely stressful job (which thankfully came to an end late last year) I've slowly put on the 5lbs over 18 months.

Went to see a nutritionist in Feb and she said a healthy weight for me is about 140! I'm not really weighting myself too much, just going off how I feel. I have upped my exercise, cut back on sugar and am on 5:2 which I enjoy. It means two days through the week I restrict to about 450/500 calories and the rest of the week I eat about 1800. I went to a wedding over the weekend and drank and ate a lot and I even lost a tiny bit after that! It's brilliant as I never feel I have to deny myself, I just sometimes postpone eating the biscuits ;)

Good luck to all of you and well done to those who have already lost!
  • cyndij84
    cyndij84 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in! I am 28.. 5'7" and 240.6 lbs.. I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old! I have two babies to live for and a wonderful husband.. not to mention myself! This weight gain has caused me to shy away from family and friends and I want to get back to loving myself! I want to shop in any section that doesn't include a double number.. though I am totally fine with beign called a "10" again! I started Myfitnesspal a few weeks ago and have lost about 13lbs so far from changing my eating habits and starting to walk/jog/run.. ran my first consecutive mile yesterday! Woo! haha.. I have 2 weddings in the next few weeks to get ready for and My oh so dear, sweet cousin signed me up for the Warrior Dash and the 5k Color Run, both I August and I need a little help getting my butt in gear... so why not with the help of some ladies in the same boat as myself? I wish you all the best in your journeys and hope we can do this together and kick butt in the mean time! :)
  • lmlocher
    lmlocher Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Lacy and im 5'2 and i weigh 235. I would like to reach 125 so i have quite a bit of weight to loose! I have a 2 year old boy and an awesome boyfriend! I would love to meet new friends on MFP so please add me!
  • amyjrunner
    amyjrunner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm a 29 y/o female. I am 5'3 and about 143lb right now which is enough to make me uncomfortable and a size 8 pants. I was a lose 6 last summer at just 10 pounds lighter. I am a runner. I am trying to become a competitive runner but have had a few health set backs with my heart and a old injury to my right knee. I love to run, but I also love to eat! I am looking to lose at least 10 pounds!! If I can get down to 125 lb I would be crazy happy! I tend to get people saying I look to thin at this weight thought so I would have to tone up a lot. At 29 my body is completely different then my early 20's. Being a vegetarian/pescatarian has also caused this. Looking forward to our journey together ladies! :happy:
  • zmeplay
    Options
    Good Job on running that mile. I know it can be very hard after just having a baby. Where are you doing the color run? I signed up for the one in Carson, Ca. I hear they are a lot of fun. :) I am looking forward to the paint... not so much to the running.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 28 5"5' and am about 170lbs. I started at 185. I would like to get back to 140lbs by my birthday in a few months.
    It feels so surreal saying I will be 30 next year. I just wish my career was on a better track. Well at least I can get my body to what I want it to be.
  • cyndij84
    Options
    Hey ZMEPlay
    I am doing the Color Me Rad run in Akron, Ohio on my birthday, August 17th! I also said I wanted to run a 5k for my bday.. and it just so happens one falls on it this year, so no backing out! Im a little terrified of the Warrior Dash the weekend before! Yikes! Thanks for the encouragement.. I am hoping to get my butt in gear by then.. the clock is ticking!
  • zmeplay
    Options
    I plan to PRINT the chart and keep it somewhere visible, so I can have a physical reminder (as if a mirror wasn't enough) of what I need to take care of for the day. :) Good Luck ladies

You will be able to see my workout on profile updates :) (make sure I am doing them)
  • hardlyhappenstance
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 29, 5' 1" and 115.6 lbs and I started at 121. I'm not exactly here to lose tons of weight, just the last 8 lbs, but mostly I'm here for a total body transformation.. well total body toning. I have never been athletic, but the health problems in my family and my approaching 30 has gotten me serious about my health. I have gone from ZERO exercise in the last 18 years (I was pulled out of gym class at 11 because of kidney problems) to 40 minute workouts 6 days per week, beginning the last week of April 2013. I am going to also add, 1 day of swimming, 1 day of rock climbing and at least two days of running per week. I just ran 6K the other day with one of my best friends and I am exhausted! Please, feel free to friend me! I am very active on MFP and I will support you!

-Cassie
  • hardlyhappenstance
    Options
    @cyndij84

Oh, I'm so jealous! I hope I'll be good enough to one day to do a color run!!
  • cyndij84
    Options
    @HardlyHappens .. I am in no way shape or form ready.. if I put it off.. I wouldn't ever sign up...but if I register.. and I know I HAVE to do it.. then I have no excuses.. you can do it! I haven't had faith or believed in myself in so long and I am tired of that.. 2013 needs to be a year full of positive things :)
  • irishdreamer84
    irishdreamer84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 28, 147 lbs, and 5' 3". Two and a half years ago I made it to 126 lbs after being 150 something, but I moved back to the states from Okinawa, Japan and rediscovered fast food and large portion sizes. I'm incorporating MFP, Fitbit Flex, Shakeology, walking, and soon TurboFire and another Beachbody program to help me lose weight this time around. I am also getting a gym membership through my work. This time I want to lose the weight and keep it off. I've been trying to eat healthier food choices and watching the calories, and I think a couple of challenges would be fun. I already completed the 20 crunches and 30 squats for Day 1. Come on ladies...we can do this!
  • AmandaLloyd712
    AmandaLloyd712 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm 27, 134 lbs and 5'6. My goal is to get down to 150 lbs so I have a long way to go!!
    Printed off the challenges and hope to see some results!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other on this journey to a healthier lifestyle! :)
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 28, Mom of a two year old and currently a stay at home Mom. I started my journey in Janurary to be really serious to lose weight. I've lost almost 30 pounds, starting out at 200 pounds in Janurary. I'm 5'4.

I workout 3 times a week. First it was 30 Day Shred and zumba for wii, now it's Ripped in 30 and zumba for wii.

I use wii fit for a loose estimate of BMI and today it went to overweight for the first time since I've owned wii fit (over four years)!!!!

Great to meet you ladies, feel free to add me!
  • FFXXIV
    FFXXIV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first day of the squat challenge and boy do my thighs burn! Since I am still a beginner, I think I will do this one first and next month I will continue onto the crunch challenge. I don't wanna burn myself out so fast.