Submit General Feedback Here

Options
Alex
Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
Please reply to this topic to let us know what you think about the next version of our Android app. We value your feedback and inputs and can't wait to hear what you think.

Replies

• briansammons
    Options
    Just a quick observation. I have a Sprint Galaxy Nexus running stock 4.2.1 (rooted) and MFP beta crashed consistently until I rebooted the phone. On my Galaxy Nexus tablet, I rebooted immediately and the app has been well behaved.

I like the new layout. It would be even better if I could track net carbs on it without a hack...
  • spoctoss
    spoctoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First impressions are good I like that it looks like you guys are trying to follow the android design standards with holo in some places. My one complaint so far that has carried over from the previous generation is the lack of good graphs and analytics, i know they exist but it would be nice to see them cleaned up and updated a bit.

Great work so far keep it up

PS. the app has a grey bar at the bottom of the screen on my One X also for some reason.
  • starcrost79
    starcrost79 Posts: 36
    Options
    First impressions are good I like that it looks like you guys are trying to follow the android design standards with holo in some places. My one complaint so far that has carried over from the previous generation is the lack of good graphs and analytics, i know they exist but it would be nice to see them cleaned up and updated a bit.

^This. Also, is there ever going to be an option to move a food item in your diary from one meal to another? As it is now, I have to delete it from one and re-add it to another. I love that feature on the website!

Will post more as I play with it more. :o)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I definitely like the new UI it has a very social media feel to it, which helps with user familiarity.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    My very first initial impressions are that it is much better looking than the old app but it does the same stuff. I still cant access blogs or click thru to people's blog entries when it says theyve posted one :( but it was easier to input my weight this am. I dont remember if you could do that through the app before or not. Everything seems to work for me on my galaxy SIII so far.
  • outlawblue9
    Options
    I am one of the, what I imagine is the minority of users who are trying to gain weight using this app. While the option to set a gain goal is there, I feel like the rest of the app is entirely designed around people trying to lose weight. While I understand that most of your users are probably the opposite I feel like it would take little effort to rectify this by if you have a weight gain goal to change small things like instead of displaying calories over your goal in red (negative) make them green (positive); the opposite of if you were trying to lose weight. Also things like posting weight gain to the news feed much like you do now with weight loss. I'm sure there's other things as well but I can't think of them - just to give weight gainers the same positive reinforcement you give weight losers.

Another suggestion I've had mimics one above and that is more data and analytics options. Graphs and stuff. For example I would LOVE to be able to click on one of the nutrients on the Daily chart and see which foods contributed to my daily Sodium intake and how much.
  • IamDianna
    IamDianna Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi, so far so good! Looks slicker for sure. I have three important additions I think can be made:

1) A calories / kilojoules toggle at every place where we enter in calories for new foods would be awesome. For the large number of us who live outside of the US, half our foods come with calorie content, the other half with just kilojoules. That means every time I try to enter a new food, I have to open a new window on my mobile (and leave MFP) to go figure it out. So a toggle on just that unit would be so very helpful. (switching to kj as a general setting is just as useless, as half our friends are calorie users and wouldn't be able to read our diaries, also a lot of our food still says calories).

2) I cannot figure out how to visit groups from my mobile. Is it possible to create a groups tab on friends or such?

3) Oh, and one other niggly thing, most of my food gives a measurement, not a daily percentage, for things like vitamins and minerals. Would be nice to be able to enter the unit type. I usually skip it for that reason now, can't be bothered to figure it out, plus different countries may have different percentage recommendations.

That's it for me now. Otherwise it is working fine and looks good.

Dianna
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    My initial impression is that it is very similar to the current app, but with just some design changes and perhaps a little more intuitive. I like the slide over menu, it seems easier to navigate, and the notifications, those are a nice bonus.

It would be nice to have:
    1) Better access to add recipes (this took me a while to find)
    2) The ability to search within my own recipes (of course, I would like this on the regular website)
    3) Actual forum access via the app

It would be really, really nice to be able to see how many people have confirmed a food when you search via the app for a particular ingredient or dish. This is one of the main reasons I avoid entering foods via the app usually because I don't have any way of knowing if the food is a quick entry someone made without checking its nutrition label.

No crashes or bugs yet on my LG Optimus 9
  • Monkeybutt74
    Monkeybutt74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So far so good on my Droid Razr Maxx. No crashing, multi-add works great and much smoother entry. Will post more as I use it.

Thank you!!!
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the slight UI changes. A little different than before, but intuitive and not confusing. I also like that you didn't add a bunch of unnecessary graphics that slow it down or consume data.

One thing I would like in the app as well as on the website is the ability to set the dates for the graphed reports. In the app, I can only see 1, 2 or 3 months progress. On the website I can see 6 months, but If I started my weight loss 4 months ago, I would like to isolate that timeframe.
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there :-)
    First impression. App looks amazing, I'm really loving the layout. Very easy to use. Nothing particularly helpful or constructive to contribute right now, so I'll go back to playing. Thanks!
    Libby
    Samsung S2
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great if we could access groups and create blogs from the app. the look and feel of it is good though.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I like the feel and appearance of the new app so far (on Samsung Galaxy S3)

One feature that I would really like is the ability to view the forums from the app itself instead of having to use my web browser on my mobile device. This would really provide a boost to the social component of the app.

Although I log regularly, I like the "reminder" feature you set up to encourage people to log food at certain intervals. I can see this as a good method of improving retention of new users as it encourages them to use the app regularly.
  • oex0duso
    oex0duso Posts: 27
    Options
    So far so good on my Droid Razr Maxx. No crashing, multi-add works great and much smoother entry. Will post more as I use it.

Thank you!!!

This.. I also have the Razr Maxx and so far I love the new design and will respond more once I use it more.
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II and the new app is wonderful. I didnt experience any bugs or crashes. So far, so good. The Ui is really nice, reminds me of the FB app. I'll report more on what I'd like to see as i continue using.
  • JessMmmkay
    JessMmmkay Posts: 61
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy S3 here. Loving this new version so far. The look and feel are excellent. I had hopes with this version we would have a way to access the forums through the app, but I do not see it. So far that is the only disappointment I have with the beta version.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has already posted feedback! We are reviewing everyone's comments and appreciate the feedback very much. Keep it coming... :-)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Better brighter design. Better navigation. I didn't have any issues downloading or installing it on this old HTC Thunderbolt. My phone is crap and I'm ready for an upgrade but MFP works on it just fine. ;-)
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia. So far so good.
    New Layout / Color: Like new "blue" shade. I think it's prettier than last version. Design seems cleaner and sleeker. More uniform feel.
    Fonts: Relevant information like calorie #s are in good size fonts. Easy to read. Nice font also.
    News Feed: Looks the same as last version.
    Navigation: Seems easier to navigate with the bar. Love that.

I did experience one unexpected error when clicking messages.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Haven't noticed any issues on my Incredible 2 running Gingerbread thus far, but I would love to have access to a mobile version of forums / groups within the app in a future upgrade.

I like the feel of the new version.