Ottawa Race Weekend 2013

Options
Bossit
Bossit Posts: 118 Member
Hey guys. Race weekend is coming up late May.
The half marathon is 98% sold out. I just registered.
Anybody else doing the race weekend? Which event?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the 10k race! First ever race!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the marathon! let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up for a run!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I need some serious training lol I can do 5.5km no problem now but 10k sounds hard...
  • miracole
    Options
    you'll be fine I'm sure! Just aim for a couple more minutes of running each time you go out and you'll get there before you know it! If you need a running buddy let me know, my during the week runs range between 5 and 8k usually.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    It's cold! You two are psycho for running outside lol Bossit has icicles in his beard after a run...No thanks!
  • Bossit
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do a full. It's my goal for this year. This half should be good though, I've been training more than ever.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm registered for the full. It won't be pretty or fast but I'm getting it done.
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I registered for the 5k, I've done this race a few times so I love it.

I'm going with the 5K because I'd like to beat my previous time & hopefully will sign up for a 10k later on in the year.
  • miracole
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do a full. It's my goal for this year. This half should be good though, I've been training more than ever.

how many halves have you done? and do you have a training plan yet for the full? I'm happy to share mine, which full are you thinking of entering? I can maybe give you some pointers on fulls that are good around here :)
  • Bossit
    Options
    I've only done two. The army and then the race weekend.
    My training plan wasn't that fancy yet. Since I do the 5k to work and back, I figured I would start by extending my Tues and Thurs runs home an extra 5k, and then do light weight training on MWF. Once I get comfortable I would change my schedule around to allow one long run on the weekend.
    I was thinking of doing the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in Oct. Thought it would be a fun way to see the city.

I turn 26 in early Aug. I was thinking it would be nice to run 26 miles around that date on my own. Doesn't have to be straight one shot, but the idea is to do it in one day, like take a juice and snack break midway. Just wanna do 26 miles to celebrate.

I would love to get your training plan though!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ORW is just days away.

Are we all ready for this?

I'm not. I'm freaking out. My training was heavily sidelined this late Winter/Early Spring with my mother passing away and battling depression but I'm still going to do the full on Sunday. It's probably going to take me the whole time allowed, but I don't care anymore - I just want to do it. I know I can finish it as long as I tell my brain to STFU so that my legs can keep going. I've done all I can to prepare myself on my crappy training. I have fuel, I have cheering squads, I have some people to help me along at the halfway point, my gear is all ready, all that is left is picking up my kit tomorrow and showing up Sunday morning on time.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    10K here. I wanted to do the half marathon but it was all sold out when I signed up a couple months ago. I suppose they added more spots. Kinda glad I am doing the 10K because a month ago I banged my knee against the door frame as I walked through my front door of all things. I've been nursing my poor knee since then and have only resumed running this week. I ran 4k, then 8k, and 12k the other day so yaay, it's almost back to normal.