Introduce Yourself.

Options
DystoniaGirl
DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
Please introduce yourself here, tell everyone a bit about yourself and what you weight goal your aiming for at the end of July, and any mini goals you have along the way.

Im Rebecca. I am 20 years old, and live in the UK. I suffer from a neurological condition that affects my mobility but I still try my best to work out a few times a day.
I have worked out that if I work hard so I lose around 2lb a week then I could lose about 2stone by the end of july so this is what im aiming for. My mini goal is to have lost between 10 and 14lb by the end of june.
Feel free to add me if you want support.

Replies

• cwmassage38
    Options
    My name is Courtney and I'm from the US (Texas). I'm currently a massage therapist and I'm about to start my summer college classes in the beginning of June which will make life pretty hectic. Nevertheless, I have a goal to swim 10+ laps at least twice a week. My other goal is to limit my junk food intake to only twice a week. I believe if I do that, these pounds will start falling off. I think this group will be a great place for encouragement. I'm skeptical of putting a weight goal but I'll shoot for losing 8 pounds by the end of July.
  • DystoniaGirl
    Options
    My name is Courtney and I'm from the US (Texas). I'm currently a massage therapist and I'm about to start my summer college classes in the beginning of June which will make life pretty hectic. Nevertheless, I have a goal to swim 10+ laps at least twice a week. My other goal is to limit my junk food intake to only twice a week. I believe if I do that, these pounds will start falling off. I think this group will be a great place for encouragement. I'm skeptical of putting a weight goal but I'll shoot for losing 8 pounds by the end of July.

Hi Courtney, welcome to the group. That sounds like a great plan!! xx
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm Lottie, I'm 24 from the UK. End of July is exciting times for me holiday, and a 5K, so hopefully I'll see lots of changes too as I'm currently doing couch to 5K so running every other day and trying to decide what to do on my inbetween days. I'm hoping to lose 2lbs, fingers crossed!
    x
  • DystoniaGirl
    Options
    I'm Lottie, I'm 24 from the UK. End of July is exciting times for me holiday, and a 5K, so hopefully I'll see lots of changes too as I'm currently doing couch to 5K so running every other day and trying to decide what to do on my inbetween days. I'm hoping to lose 2lbs, fingers crossed!
    x

Welcome Lottie, Iv heard amazing things about couch to 5k, I hope it works for you!! xx
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    x

Welcome Lottie, Iv heard amazing things about couch to 5k, I hope it works for you!! xx

C25K is ace, I've only just finished week 2 and the changes in just a week are amazing!
    x
  • mrsowen2012
    mrsowen2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emma and I am also from the UK.

I have put down my long-term goal on the spreadsheet but my goal by the end of this is to drop at least 1 dress size.

My hubby's holding a suprise party for his parents at the end of July. Lots of family will be there and many that haven't seen me since we got married.

I have started out on my new-me the other week and this week I have started to include exercise. I have also been logging my food diary on a blog - which in the long run I would love to use it to review healthy UK meals and give us Brits some in-thin-ration!!

My long-term goal is to help me (and my hubby - we're doing it together) to loose weight so we can be inspiration to our children when we have them.

I start C25K again tonight.... luckily not in this rain but in the gym (i join up to that tonight too!!)

Good luck everyone!

xx

PS if you want to have a nose or follow my blogg it's http://thelifeofmrso.blogspot.co.uk/
  • m3x43
    m3x43 Posts: 40
    Options
    HI all, I live in NE Ohio (US) and am looking to do some damage control. I seriously fell off the wagon when I became unemployed a few months ago but have calmed down a bit and remembered that I need to look my best for interviews!

My biggest obstacle is getting myself up and moving so having an accountability group is just what I need.

Good luck to everyone!
  • NinjaKelly
    NinjaKelly Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly and I'm from the US (Maryland). My goal is to make a complete lifestyle change and incorporate good eating habits and daily exercise as a part of daily routine. I have struggled with my weight most of my life and have lost a significant amount of weight several times just to gain it all back again. Since joining MFP in March I have lost 21 pounds. My long term goal is to finally be happy with the skin I'm in and no longer be ashamed of my weight/body image.
  • khall0988
    khall0988 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Kristen, 24, from the US (Indiana)!

So far this year I'm down almost 15 lbs.. Have about 25 lbs left to go. I'm at a plateau and I think it's my diet. : /

I'm working with Les Mills Combat currently, and I'm pretty sure that it is my soulmate workout! I look forward to doing it every day.

I'm excited to be a part of this group, ladies! I would love to help with motivation and I'll share lots of good recipes with you all. Add me too!
  • gloglo11
    gloglo11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you. I am a 25 year-old who lives in FL. I am really glad I found this group because I am trying to get fit this summer for myself and because I have to attend two weddings. Eeek!

I am currently on day 10 of the 30 day shred. My other workouts include Zumba, Yoga and running.
  • DystoniaGirl
    Options
    Hi I'm Emma and I am also from the UK.

I have put down my long-term goal on the spreadsheet but my goal by the end of this is to drop at least 1 dress size.

My hubby's holding a suprise party for his parents at the end of July. Lots of family will be there and many that haven't seen me since we got married.

I have started out on my new-me the other week and this week I have started to include exercise. I have also been logging my food diary on a blog - which in the long run I would love to use it to review healthy UK meals and give us Brits some in-thin-ration!!

My long-term goal is to help me (and my hubby - we're doing it together) to loose weight so we can be inspiration to our children when we have them.

I start C25K again tonight.... luckily not in this rain but in the gym (i join up to that tonight too!!)

Good luck everyone!

xx

PS if you want to have a nose or follow my blogg it's http://thelifeofmrso.blogspot.co.uk/

Good for you on join the gym and starting C25K!! Love your goals x
  • RabbitMccool
    Options
    Hello, My name is Heather. I am from Arkansas. My ultimate goal was to drop 57 pounds by June 30 (beginning January1). I will not make that goal, but I have lost 20 pounds thus far!! I go to a Gym 3 times a week and watch my calories, carbs and sugar intake. When I reached my 20 pounds I rewarded myself with a pedicure. I have decided when I reach my final weight goal I will then treat myself to a massage. So only 37 more pounds to go!!!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, live in the mountains in WA state. Going back to work next week, I work in box office of local theater group, so only work summer full time and nov, dec part time. I love it.

My latest thing is NIA, which is a dance exercise class that combines yoga, jazz, ballet, tai-chee, etc. I feel so much energy and zen from it.

Besides that I hike, walk, swim in summer.

I have about 11 lbs to goal but I find the closer I get the harder it is since I don't look bad to cheat. I like to drink wine and eat out at tapas places.

My goal for the summer is to lose 6 lbs. I feel it's realistic.
  • mandy0267
    mandy0267 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Cambridge, UK. My goal is losing enough weight so I can go horse riding again, have got a long way to go but would like to lose about 14lbs by end of July. I am also doing C25K am just starting week 5.
  • lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lisa from Fort Mill, SC (US). I started using MFP Dec. 28th. I have lost up to nineteen lbs, but gained a few back recently.i lost the majority of the weight while I was a part of a biggest loser group. I am excited to have found this group. It is just what I need to really get back on track.

Thanks for getting it started.

Lisa
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HI all, I live in NE Ohio (US) and am looking to do some damage control. I seriously fell off the wagon when I became unemployed a few months ago but have calmed down a bit and remembered that I need to look my best for interviews!

My biggest obstacle is getting myself up and moving so having an accountability group is just what I need.

Good luck to everyone!

I was just up in Stow last week. There are a lot of great hiking trails and bike paths up there. I wish we had some of them prectically in my back yard.
  • krystleneal
    krystleneal Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey! I'm Krystle from Kansas City, KS (USA). Just finished a semester where I completed eighteen hours of school, worked two jobs and got married. Living life in the fast lane has resulted in me deprioritizing my health and I want to get back on track! MFP has allowed me to drop down to 168 pounds, but my ultimate goal is 140. Pumped to have found this group!
  • stephysmile03
    Options
    Hello my name is stephanie. I am from Oklahoma. My current goal is to lose 15lbs by the end of summer. I would like to lose about 20-30 over all. I recently ran my first 5K and am training for a 10K. I have been struggling with eating right and could really use motivation to stay on track.
  • auroraeasbey
    Options
    Hi I'm Aurora. I'm from Oregon (America). I'm a college student. My goal is to lose around 34 more pounds! I'm current;y taking a pilates class but that will be over soon. I'm also going couch to 5k. After my pilates class is over I'm thinking of doing the 30day shred! Or just continue doing pilates 3x a week. Who knows!
  • vfett1018
    vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My name is Valerie. I turn 20 on Tuesday. I live in South Korea (military husband).
    My husband and I plan on going on leave the end of July back to the states so my goals are to lose 10 pounds by then and them gain the weight back through muscle only. I want a toned set of arms and abs.

I am currently at 121.8 when I started weight loss a couple weeks ago I was 125. I seem to always grt to 125 then start losing weight again and when I get to 120 I go back to bad habits. I am hoping to stick with it this time and get down to 111.

By the way, I am only 5'3