can't find stuff to eat, so i don't eat

Options
mats613
mats613 Posts: 47 Member
i'm not a fan of protein. i grew up vegetarian all my life.

i love dairy and i love eggs, but i'm getting sick of that now.

every time i find something i like to eat on dukans, i eat and eat and eat till i'm sick of it, and then i'm stuck again because there's nothing i can eat.

so i've stopped eating. im now eating between 400-600 calories a day on average - and that's with FORCING myself to down some nasty chicken and stuff.

the thing is, i'm not so hungry anymore? usually, when i stop eating, it's torture for like 3 days, and then i get in to this spaced out zone where i'm not even hungry anymore. i stop even wanting to eat anything.

i know this is bad for me. i am having a multivitamin every day but i should also be putting energy in to my body.

i had the same problem last time i went on dukans. what should i do with myself?

Replies

• aylanah
    aylanah Posts: 10
    Options
    If you are not a fan of protein, it seems counterproductive to put yourself on a protein diet. What drew you into wanting to do Dukan? It may be an good idea to seek a diet that suits your lifestyle a bit better. Maybe a more Mediterranean based diet?
  • mats613
    mats613 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestion. its true, really - it sounds like im just a glutton for punishment.

however, i have tried many types of diets, a low-carber is the only one that works for me.
    th
    it makes sense. i have recently discovered i am insulin resistant and prediabetic - the recommended diet for people in my condition is a low carb, low fat one, and cutting out processed foods.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are many different types of protein. Have you tried lamb, seafood, beef (tons of ways to prepare). Also add different spices. I made chicken I dipped in eggs, then oat bran (salted), then pan fried with garlic powder and paprika! It was divine. There's also a Dukan Diet Cookbook you could check out for other ideas. Don't be afraid to use herbs they are basically calorie free and add a punch of taste.
  • aylanah
    aylanah Posts: 10
    Options
    Mats, I'm sorry to hear about your health conditions! I'm wondering if lighter tasting proteins like chicken, tofu, seitan, textured vegetable protein, fish/shellfish and adding egg whites to bolster would work? I personally shore up my daily proteins with non-fat dairy because I adore them. I kick them up by either adding liquid flavorings (baking section of the store for lemon, raspberry, vanilla, strawberry and orange) for "sweet" or going with savory spices (Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning is my fav).
  • Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out mydukandiet.com? Its full of good recipes for when you get bored!