not losing weight!

Options
I am wondering if anyone else is having problems with not losing weight. I am in week 6, and I lost 15 lbs my first week, doing her kickstart meal plan. In weeks 2 and 3 I gained back about 5 lbs, and was following her meal plan. Since then I have not followed her meal plan, but have kept my calories between 1200-1500 a day. Still going up and down the same 5 lbs. I have over 100 lbs to lose still, and had never really exercised prior to this. It is frustrating to be working so hard, and eating so much less than ever before, and not losing weight! Any advice would be appreciated! I do know my body is changing, and my clothes are fitting better, but don't know how I could still not be losing weight!

Replies

• frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think this problem happens for a lot of us. I dropped weight in the first week and a half and then bounced up and down in the same few pounds. I am ready to start week 7 tomorrow, and the scales is only starting to tip downwards again. My husband is doing it with me and he has barely noticed any weight loss. However, he is building muscle like crazy!!!! I have never seen him so muscular. I think that is why it seems like we're not losing weight on it. We're losing fat and building muscle, which is a good way to do it! The scales will reflect that eventually! Or I'll be the first 200 lb person that's a size 2. LOL.

Keep up the good work!
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Be sure you take your measurements at least every 2 weeks. Then you are going to see progress and you will feel better in spite of a sticky scale. You will build muscle, and that's what you want. You want to end up lean and muscled, not flabby. I think the first month I lost nothing.
  • charmagnebrown
    Options
    @ frisbee Thanks for the feedback! I just started week 7 today also! You have done great, I've lost just over 50# total, looking forward to being where you are, over 100 lbs lost! way to go!

@ melly I will do that, thank you!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    measure, measure, measure! This program has a tendency to build muscle :) GREAT JOB STAYING ON IT!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience and it is frustrating. Along with measuring, try taking pictures. I was nearly ready to give up in Week 8 until I looked at my pictures side by side.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, I'm on week 7 and have not lost a pound yet. I lost inches and body fat the first month, but now I am at a stand still with everything. I am going to be more strict with my calories, 1200 total per day, and I am cutting out all wheat/gluten - been reading Wheat Belly, and I honestly think that could be why I'm not losing - and the majority of my weight is around my middle.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definitely measure! Scales are slow with showing your improvements and will just frustrate you! Don't let it. Just keep going, doing your JMBR and stick with your meal plan and measure. I think side by pics, even if only for you to view is very helpful. Some lose pounds quickly and others are slower. Like orher's have said, So many factors affect it- starting weight, amnt to lose, activity outside of workouts, metabolismn, diet. Don't get discouraged. I dropped 5 lbs during kickstart, but then it slowed to 1-2 lbs a week for the rest of the program. I lost just under 15 lbs total from JMBR. There was a few weeks where I was losing inches, but scale didn't move.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and weigh 154 lbs. BMI of 23. Goal weight is 130 with a BMI of 19. I just started week 9 on Monday and I absolutely love this program, but like many of you I am starting to get discouraged. I haven't lost a pound since I started. My measurements have went down slightly everywhere except my thighs. Those measurements went UP!!! and in turn my pants are tighter and not looser. I cried!! I want to think its because basically all thats left to lose is the small layer of fat that is covering up all my hard work (muscles) seriously under that layer I am ripped! LOL! I do have to say though that my arms and shoulders have clear definition that is not covered by any layer of anything. That alone makes me happy and gives me the drive to keep going. Eventually if I keep doing what I am doing the rest will follow??? thats what I'm hoping anyway!