May 27, 2013

Options
motivational-fitness-quotes-have-fun-when-you-work-out-and-it-will-not-feel-like-work.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey! Happy Monday!

Well, today I got some disappointing news, that the Hunger Games Challenge is going to end early and this is the last week. It had become extremely time-consuming and we lost lots of members this past week due to non-reporting (coulda been related to the holiday, idk). Anyway, it has been a fun experience and I gained a great deal from it. I met lots of new friends, learned new exercises, got into the habit of more careful logging & staying within my daily goals, and I learned to love a scale again. Oh yeah, I also lost nearly 10 lbs and about 4+inches! So, after this week, I get to put my own workouts back together again, which is exciting. Maybe I'll finally get around to trying the new FB 1000 calorie workout!

As for today, I did a little less walking today, but got in my usual tot-carrying time and some running. The running was going great and I was finding it easy and determined to go 30minutes....and then God/the Universe sent a diversion. I can only assume it was for the best in the master plan...why else would a guy with the most horrendous b.o. start running in front of me and not allow me to pass him for exactly 2 laps? :grumble: Needless to say, I ended early. :laugh:

Which brings me to a question: has anyone else ever noticed having heightened sense of smell when running? I notice this all the time--that I suddenly get "pregnancy nose" (I had a crazy good sense of smell when pregnant--a blessing AND a curse). Surely I am not alone.

So, happy NEW WEEK folks!! :smile:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't run other than a sprint now and then so can't help you with smell, but I live in mountains and there are great smells in the morning especially and on hikes or when its windy!

I am feeling better and will do a walk of some kind to get back into things today, of course its been crappy rainy weekend so may end up on treadmill or a walk in the rain with umbrella.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ash: I'm a speech-language pathologist in an elementary school.

Sherry: I haven't noticed a heightened sense of smell, but I could see how it could be a blessing (spring flowers,etc) and a curse ( runner guy's BO!). Great job with the 10lbs and 4 inches!!! Keep up the awesomeness!

Yesterday, hubby and I took the pup for a walk, so that was my exercise.

Today, we are going running. Today is the day that I jump from two 8 minute segments to 20 minutes of straight running, so we shall see how it goes! I'm just going to run for as long as I can, but won't be too disappointed if it takes me a few tries to get to the 20.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy day for me but got a workout this morning. It is the beginning of week #3 CLX Burn Phase. Burn Circuit 1 (legs, abs/obliques, chest/back, shoulders) left me feeling stronger but worn out! Increased weights in two exercises and decreased weights in one exercise. Dumbbell sets in use: 5, 7.5, 12.5, 15.

I may not be able to come to the forum for the next few days but will be able to log food and fitness with the phone app. Going to visit my DD and her family!! Get to see the youngest grand baby again who is now 2 months old.

Sherry: and you were going at it so hard with the HG challenges but it is something you can still work into your regular routine. LOL...omgoodness about the stinky runner in front of you....LOL!! I won't have that to contend with because no one runs or walks around my path but me:laugh:

Liz: I try to find the fun in my workouts...lol...I really do try but the "fun" avoids me...LOL! Oh...accept in kickboxing and that IS fun!!

Marla: get well soon from that sinuitis!

Sam: can't wait to hear how you do with increasing your run to 20 minutes. Enjoy!

Alright..hope each of you are having a nice Memorial Day and check ya'll another time. Make it a GREAT week!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day today. I skipped a couple days of logging this weekend. So i will get back to logging everything tomorrow. I did some cleaning for a few hours. I might log that but other than that today was a rest day for me. I am going to try and run a 5k june 22. I don't have a lot of time to train. I will see how much i can run without stopping this week. Last time i ran i could do two or three without stopping but it has been several months. So we'll see. :-)

We will miss you, Pam! I hope you have a great time at your daughter's. :-)

Sherry: i have never noticed the smell thing while running. That is hilarious though. Lol.

Sam: That is cool. I hope you like what you do!

Liz: I liked the message today. Thanks for posting. I wish I found exercise more fun. I think i would do it more. I have fun when i exercise with a friend but not on my own as much. Maybe if i had a better collection of music...

Ash
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran 2.1 miles in 23 minutes without stopping to walk! That's the farthest I've run in my entire life! I'm really beginning to think that my 5k goal is within reach! 4 weeks and 5 days until the Equality Run!! <3

ETA: I also did a 5 minute warmup walk and a 1/2 mile cooldown walk.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well, today I got some disappointing news, that the Hunger Games Challenge is going to end early and this is the last week. It had become extremely time-consuming and we lost lots of members this past week due to non-reporting (coulda been related to the holiday, idk).
    I'm new to this group...what was the Hunger Games Challenge?
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It was a rest day for me today...but I want to the park and enjoyed walking around for a little bit. Went with the fam...had some fun.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sherry i know what you mean I'm cursed with the bionic nose....sensitive :-( Congrats on the10lbs and 4inches

Sam you can do the 5k..non stop 2mile fantastic

Pam you are changing ,i see it in your profile pics I want hit it like you one day.

I walked my mom,,,it's turning out to be good for both of us. I need the exercise and it helps calm her mind at night. Mom has dementia and the days we don't walk i notice she is more restless. So I am walking her or trying a few times a week at least. Till tomorrow . :-)